Staff member
Cowboys To Sign Mark Sanchez

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll take Sanchez over Showers all day every day.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
I'll be damned....Mark Dirty Sanchez is a Cowboy. Fitting.

townsend

Banned
He's still probably better than any of the backups we had last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's still probably better than any of the backups we had last year.
He is basically Cassel. Shitty QB who half a decade ago made the playoffs on an awesome team. Since then has been god awful. And honestly was bad in the years he made the playoffs too.

Newt

DCC 4Life

townsend

Banned
He is basically Cassel. Shitty QB who half a decade ago made the playoffs on an awesome team. Since then has been god awful. And honestly was bad in the years he made the playoffs too.
He still won 4 games as a backup in 2014. We haven't gotten 4 wins from our backups in the last 5 years.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ummmmmm, who the hell ever suggested he'd be a starter here. He's here to hold a clipboard.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Cowboys sign Mark Sanchez after he's cut by Broncos

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Sept. 3, 2016 at 04:43 p.m.
Updated: Sept. 3, 2016 at 04:58 p.m.

Mark Sanchez wasn't out of work for long.

Minutes after NFL Network's James Palmer reported that the veteran passer had been released by the Denver Broncos, the quarterback-needy Cowboys swooped in to announce that Sanchez had signed a deal with Dallas.

The Broncos save $3.5 million with the move and no longer owe a conditional seventh-round draft pick to the Eagles, who agreed to trade Sanchez to Denver back in March. The Cowboys, meanwhile, get a low-level dose of veteran insurance under center.

Sanchez was acquired to serve as a "safe" option in Denver after losing Peyton Manning to retirement and Brock Osweiler to the Texans. He disappointed from the start, though, and was ultimately outplayed by second-year Broncos signal-caller Trevor Siemian, who was named the starter on Monday.

Denver spent the past week trying to trade Sanchez, but teams weren't about to bite. Dallas patiently waited for the Broncos to dump the veteran before grabbing him. No longer starting material, Sanchez will work behind rookie starter Dak Prescott and ahead of Jameill Showers until Tony Romo returns later this season from a back injury.

It's entirely possible that Sanchez -- no longer fooling teams as an NFL starter -- will be out of work all over again once Romo reappears.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Can't say I'm in love with the move but he should still be better than Showers even though that's not saying much. As long as we didn't overpay and by that I mean much over the vet minimum.

I was going to say that I think he's the first USC QB to play for Dallas but then I remembered Rodney Peete a little over twenty years ago.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
If Dak can't handle starting yet or goes down the season is screwed anyway so I can't complain about whatever garbage is left to back him up. If Sanchez can impart a little veteran wisdom on Dak in addition to whatever Romo can do then bringing him in isn't the worst thing.

Top Bottom