Trading up for Cook or Hackenberg

townsend

Banned
They tried to get Lynch, Den offered a better deal.
I was reading that Dallas offered their 2nd and 3rd, and Denver offered their 1st amd 3rd. Honestly it sounds like we offered the better deal, but apparently 1st round picks have a lot more value, even if they are just 3 picks higher. Maybe the 5 year option.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was reading that Dallas offered their 2nd and 3rd, and Denver offered their 1st amd 3rd. Honestly it sounds like we offered the better deal, but apparently 1st round picks have a lot more value, even if they are just 3 picks higher. Maybe the 5 year option.
What I had read is we offer our second and fourth.

townsend

Banned
To be fair my understanding is that Jerry may have been willing to offer more but it sounds like he wasn't given the opportunity.
That might be for the best. The Elliott pick locks us in to the "win now" (lose later) mentality, so it's probably pretty vital we use our remaining premium picks to actually build a defense.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That might be for the best. The Elliott pick locks us in to the "win now" (lose later) mentality, so it's probably pretty vital we use our remaining premium picks to actually build a defense.
Elliott will be around a long time, barring injury or bust.

The whole "don't draft running backs early" crap is a crock. They are critical pieces and not interchangeable. I'll bet a bunch of teams wish they hadn't passed on Gurley last year.

And Dallas is doing this the right way. They have a QB and elite WR. They have depth to spell Elliott. They have an OL.

An elite RB will be strong for 7-9 years. That's maybe a year less than other positions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elliott will be around a long time, barring injury or bust.

The whole "don't draft running backs early" crap is a crock. They are critical pieces and not interchangeable. I'll bet a bunch of teams wish they hadn't passed on Gurley last year.

And Dallas is doing this the right way. They have a QB and elite WR. They have depth to spell Elliott. They have an OL.

An elite RB will be strong for 7-9 years. That's maybe a year less than other positions.
Yeah, I noticed the RBs just flying off boards in this draft...

Top Bottom