Cowboys could be a wild-card for Jared Allen...Signs With Bears

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good lord, your homerism is running wild.
:lol

Why? For wondering why an agent would want a contract that pays himself little to nothing? Man you are in a bitchy little mood today. Most agents are looking out for themselves. You must still be sore over me making fun of your cake analogy.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
:lol

Why? For wondering why an agent would want a contract that pays himself little to nothing? Man you are in a bitchy little mood today. Most agents are looking out for themselves. You must still be sore over me making fun of your cake analogy.
The agent would propose it for the same reason Melton would agree to it. He's betting on his client.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The agent would propose it for the same reason Melton would agree to it. He's betting on his client.
The difference is the client can dump the agent at any time. Meaning that a year from now when the player gets the big deal the agent may no longer represent him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN is reporting that the Seahawks have signed Allen, but nobody else is confirming this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The agent also follows the direction of the client. If Melton wanted a prove it deal, wanted to play in the system that gives him the best chance to hit it big coming off an injury, so be it.

Now if this is something we ever see again, then maybe I believe the bullshit theory that suddenly we grew a brain.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The agent also follows the direction of the client.
How many attorney's have you dealt with? On contract negotiations, the agent is the one giving the advice, not the client. I'm not trying to prop the Cowboys on this one, just doesn't make much logical sense to me that an agent would propose a deal that is so great for the Cowboys and so shitty for his own wallet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How many attorney's have you dealt with? On contract negotiations, the agent is the one giving the advice, not the client. I'm not trying to prop the Cowboys on this one, just doesn't make much logical sense to me that an agent would propose a deal that is so great for the Cowboys and so shitty for his own wallet.
The agent is going to advise the player, but ultimately the player will give direction. Or that agent will be unemployed. In a way, it is not that shitty. It is risky and if Melton wanted it, Woy would follow through in getting it executed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jared Allen to join Seahawks
Updated: March 20, 2014, 4:13 PM ET
By Ed Werder | ESPN

Jared Allen Big Addition To Seahawks

Pass-rusher Jared Allen has agreed to sign with the Seattle Seahawks and is in the process of finalizing a contract with the Super Bowl champions, according to league sources.

Barring unforeseen developments, Allen intends to sign as soon as Thursday while completing his second visit with coach Pete Carroll and the team.

In all likelihood, the team had to persuade Allen to accept being a situational player on its defensive line, a unit that was pivotal as Seattle dominated Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl.

The Seahawks led the NFL in fewest points and yards allowed, and they created the most turnovers in the league, a triple last accomplished by the 1985 Chicago Bears.

Allen has 128.5 career sacks, ranking him 12th in league history. He has seven consecutive double-digit sack seasons, including 11.5 in 2013, but his contract is likely for significantly less than DeMarcus Ware and Julius Peppers got for changing teams in free agency.

The Broncos signed Ware for three years and $30 million, with $20 million guaranteed. Peppers accepted a three-year deal with the Green Bay Packers totaling $30 million maximum, $7.5 million of which is guaranteed.

Seattle's first offseason priority was achieved when the team signed defensive end Michael Bennett. Also, the Seahawks released defensive end Chris Clemons. A deep rotation in the defensive line was important to maintain, especially since the team lost some coverage with cornerbacks Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond defecting in free agency.

The Seahawks have $15.2 million in salary-cap space but have been conservative in free agency because they will be pursuing long-term deals with Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman within the next 12 months.

dallen

Senior Tech
Well, that sucks, but its not unexpected

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wanted Allen, but this will force the FO to add some youth at DE.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jared Allen heads home, will make decision this weekend

Posted by Josh Alper on March 20, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT

Reports on Thursday had defensive end Jared Allen close to agreement on a deal to join the Seahawks.

As the saying goes, though, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades because no deal is done and Allen is headed home.

“Got to Seattle last night with Jared, [his wife] Amy, and his family,” Allen’s agent Ken Harris told PFT. “We had a great time meeting everyone during this visit. After some good discussions with the front office today, Jared and Amy are going to consider the Seahawks offer along with the others, and make a decision this weekend.”

Allen also visited with the Cowboys, but reports during the week indicated that it was “unlikely” that he would wind up in Dallas.

Joining an already strong and deep Seahawks defense has to be an appealing prospect for Allen as it would set him up to produce at a high level without being stretched too far physically. Visiting twice and leaving without a deal suggests there’s some gap that the two sides have been unable to bridge, however, and it could lead to Allen landing elsewhere for the 2014 season.
----------

Damn. He sure has to clear a lot of stuff with his wife.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He chose the right team.

Would've been nice to get him, but Seattle is by far the better place to go.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Evidently the reports are wrong...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, at least he did not claim his Twitter account was hacked.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, at least he did not claim his Twitter account was hacked.
He's a pretty reliable dude too, but these things happen.

I also admire that he didn't do the whole "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" when they know they're wrong.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom