TV Thread

junk

Not So New Member
I was talking about Cutty not D'Angelo.

I didn't care much for Cutty in the Wire. Many much, much better actors in that series.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I was talking about Cutty not D'Angelo.

I didn't care much for Cutty in the Wire. Many much, much better actors in that series.
I agree, he was a good character but I can name at least 10 better than him from that series, which is more about how great the show was than an indictment on that character.

D

Deuce

I agree, he was a good character but I can name at least 10 better than him from that series, which is more about how great the show was than an indictment on that character.
You can name 10 characters in that season alone better. The kids they introduced that season were all phenominal. But like you said, that speaks more to the show and overall casting than him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You can name 10 characters in that season alone better. The kids they introduced that season were all phenominal. But like you said, that speaks more to the show and overall casting than him.
All of those kids were great.

Very impressive acting from each and every one of them. They were all different and all had their own unique issues, and yet they all nailed down the parts.

I miss that show.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION], [MENTION=70]Simpleton[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] - who would you say was the best character from The Wire?

I don't know how it can be anyone other than Omar.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You would be a Prop Joe fan.

I bet you also have a Big Pun cd somewhere.
:lol

Big Pun sucked...

Prop Joe was a really good character on that show, and he was actually the most authentic Baltimore person on the show.

He was smart, funny when he needed to be, and was the best businessman....even better than Bell because he never let his emotions get in the way of anything.

Prop Joe could have made them all a shit load of money, but they all screwed it up.

D

Deuce

:lol

Big Pun sucked...

Prop Joe was a really good character on that show, and he was actually the most authentic Baltimore person on the show.

He was smart, funny when he needed to be, and was the best businessman....even better than Bell because he never let his emotions get in the way of anything.

Prop Joe could have made them all a shit load of money, but they all screwed it up.
You can never trust someone who has Method Man as a nephew.

dallen

Senior Tech
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION], [MENTION=70]Simpleton[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] - who would you say was the best character from The Wire?

I don't know how it can be anyone other than Omar.
For me it is really close between Omar and Stringer. I'll say Stringer since everyone else is going with Omar. Of the ones not mentioned, Dukie was also a favorite

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For me it is really close between Omar and Stringer. I'll say Stringer since everyone else is going with Omar. Of the ones not mentioned, Dukie was also a favorite
I liked Dukie too, and it was sad to see such a good-hearted kid end up as another addict because he just had no way out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You can never trust someone who has Method Man as a nephew.
Not that rappers are great actors, but some of them can at least be decent.

2Pac was solid, DMX was ok, and Busta Rhymes surprisingly enough has shown a little diversity in the little roles he's had.....but Method Man?

He is the exact same guy in every single role he's ever been given. I don't know why he kept getting parts in TV/movies.

dallen

Senior Tech
I almost quit the show when they killed String. Luckily a friend of mine convinced me to watch season 4 anyway - which was the best season. Anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd put Lester Freamon in my top 5 as well, and the character I hated the most was without a doubt that annoying bastid, Clay Davis.

Shhheeeeeeeeiiittt

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I almost quit the show when they killed String. Luckily a friend of mine convinced me to watch season anyway - which was the best season. Anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong
Deuce and I talked about this in this thread a while back, and we were deciding which season was best, and season 4 is definitely in the conversation if not the best overall.

D

Deuce

Honestly, it's easier to create a list of characters I didn't like than I did. Off the top of my head, only the nerdy white cop turned teacher was one I didn't get in to.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Honestly, it's easier to create a list of characters I didn't like than I did. Off the top of my head, only the nerdy white cop turned teacher was one I didn't get in to.
Prez.

I was indifferent about him. The only time I truly cared about his character was when I hoped he'd be able to adopt Dukie, but they wouldn't let him.

Top Bottom