Melton Signed

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You guys hoping for a safety are going to be disappointed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I kinda feel like I'd still want Aaron Donald over Jernigan at 16.
Absolutely you take Donald if he is there, but I think they see that need as filled now. I hope not. I think we will be more focused on guys like Ferguson and Quarles now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd have no problem drafting a safety in the 1st or 2nd so long as they mix in a DL with one of the top picks.

I'm ready to fix the problem at S and stop dicking around with all the injury-prone and small school players.
Ayuh. That position has held us hostage for far too long. At this point, I'd be happy with just competence back there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well right now we are so f*cked opposite Church it isn't even funny. A stud safety would have a huge impact on this defense. Of course we still need to add D-lineman.
I'm not all that impressed with Church, either. We've been served up so many shit sandwiches back there over the years, our desperation has made him look way better than he really is. I wouldn't cut him just to say I did, but wouldn't hesitate to kick him down the road if the opportunity presents itself.

data

Forbes #1
I'm waiting for Jerry to speak. I'm predicting at least one La'Roi Glover mention.

dallen

Senior Tech
Sounds like a one year deal with a poison pill which will likely prevent him from being signed after this year...
I hope he plays at a level where we have to make that decision

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Jared Allen option not likely now
March, 19, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

Allen
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys' search for defensive line help is not over with the addition of Henry Melton, but their push for Jared Allen will not be quite as intense, according to sources.

Allen wrapped up a visit with the Cowboys on Tuesday before they agreed to a deal with Melton.

Allen would be the Cowboys’ best defensive end, but at what price? He has had seven straight seasons with at least 11 sacks, but he turns 32 in April and the Cowboys were not willing to pay a hefty price for DeMarcus Ware or Julius Peppers.

With Ware and Jason Hatcher gone, George Selvie is the leading returning sacker from 2013 with seven. Jeremy Mincey, who signed a two-year deal worth a maximum of $4.5 million last week, had two sacks with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Denver Broncos in 2013. Kyle Wilber, DeVonte Holloman, Bruce Carter and Orlando Scandrick had two sacks apiece for the Cowboys.

Allen has also visited with the Seattle Seahawks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think I'd prefer to move down and target a guy like Joyner if we want safety.
If we can move down at all I'd do it. Assuming Donald is gone it seems there will be a large group of guys that we could possibly take, including Jernigan, Martin, Pryor, Clinton-Dix, Mosley, Ford, Ealy and so forth, so moving down there might be the best course of action.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If we can move down at all I'd do it. Assuming Donald is gone it seems there will be a large group of guys that we could possibly take, including Jernigan, Martin, Pryor, Clinton-Dix, Mosley, Ford, Ealy and so forth, so moving down there might be the best course of action.
That same situation would stand for other teams, too. Why would people want to move up in such a deep draft and lose picks? Unless one of the QBs fall, which I don't see happening, I doubt we'll have much interest in somebody wanting to move up.

Cotton

Staff member
That same situation would stand for other teams, too. Why would people want to move up in such a deep draft and lose picks? Unless one of the QBs fall, which I don't see happening, I doubt we'll have much interest in somebody wanting to move up.
Say Manziel falls to 16, does Jerry take him or move down?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Say Manziel falls to 16, does Jerry take him or move down?
I doubt he'll slide that far, but stranger things have happened I guess. If that were the case, I'd consider taking him myself. Unless a trade comes along that you just couldn't turn down. But imo, if he started to fall that far, somebody would trade above us to get him.

Edit: And no, I wouldn't consider moving up a couple spots for him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If Manziel were to slip out of the top 10, I would be all for the Cowboys making a move for him.

QB's are who you trade up for, not CB's.

Top Bottom