Cowboys Free Agency

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just plain laziness.
Not really lazy. The QB market sucks.

I get it.

But how they figure this guy is an improvement over the two clowns we let go, get the fuck out of here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really lazy. The QB market sucks.

I get it.

But how they figure this guy is an improvement over the two clowns we let go, get the fuck out of here.
Is he better then Cassel and Weeden? Maybe. I don't really know because Moore hasn't played much at all for a long time. That's why you have to bring him in to look at him. Cassel on the other hand I know is washed up. Weeden sucks. Always has and always will.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is he better then Cassel and Weeden? Maybe. I don't really know because Moore hasn't played much at all for a long time. That's why you have to bring him in to look at him. Cassel on the other hand I know is washed up. Weeden sucks. Always has and always will.
Moore is and always has been a content, career backup.

He's a lifer who is only a consideration because Garrett remembers him and still recalls how his little buddy Mike Riley stuck up for him.

I fail to see how he is going to be any different than the other losers when he is thrust into a role with real responsibility.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

He's a lifer who is only a consideration because Garrett remembers him and still recalls how his little buddy Mike Riley stuck up for him.

I fail to see how he is going to be any different than the other losers when he is thrust into a role with real responsibility.

He won't be. He has no upside whatsoever.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Names flying off the board quick here.

Jaye Howard only got 2/12 and Derrick Shelby only got 4/18, no clue why we didn't look there. Gipson got roughly 5/35 I believe, we weren't ever going to pay that though. Clayborn off the board clearly, Ngata also only got 2/12, Ian Williams and Ahtyba Rubin both signed before FA started, Williams about 5 a year, Rubin about 4, Mebane also about 4. Even Jeremy Lane re-signed in Seattle.

There are still plenty of options at LB (Zach Brown, Tahir Whitehead, Demario Davis) although I doubt we sign one with re-signing McClain, and CB/S (Casey Hayward, Patrick Robinson, Leon Hall, Eric Weddle, Rashad Johnson) if we choose to go that route but the pickings are real slim along the DL now. We need to close on Cedric Thornton tomorrow, he'd be a solid addition to the rotation on the interior. Aside from him Akiem Hicks is probably the only other guy I'd be interested in as a run-stuffer, maybe Knighton.

Guys like Hatcher, Kendall Reyes and Fairley would all be decent additions too but they aren't as good against the run as the others I mentioned. Andre Branch, Jason Jones, Mike Neal, Courtney Upshaw and Nick Perry would all be decent additions in terms of edge rushers/setters.

A whole lot of my top choices are already gone but if we can lock up Thornton and add another body along the DL like Reyes, Branch, Fairley or Jones I'd feel decent about our DL going into the draft.

As far as RB's, I way underestimated the market, never in a millon years did I think Ivory would get 6+ and Miller also exceeded my expectations. Sucks that we will have to draft a RB with one of our first 4 picks but I wouldn't have spent what these teams spent on these RB's. The key now is to actually invest that money elsewhere, preferably along the DL or at safety.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Bingo. That's exactly it.

They didn't really want to lose him in the first place so now they'd like to bring him back. Never mind that he's really not any good.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
No clue why we're interested in Moore. He was decent for Miami 5 years ago but who the hell knows what he has left?

I'd rather just save the money and not sign anybody honestly, although if he takes a vet min contract I guess it doesn't really matter.

townsend

Banned
If we sign him, I take it as intent to take a QB at the top of the draft. He's a backup plan in case the draft board falls through. Either that or we didn't learn a damn thing from last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bingo. That's exactly it.

They didn't really want to lose him in the first place so now they'd like to bring him back. Never mind that he's really not any good.
Exactly. Lazy. Like I said.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we sign him, I take it as intent to take a QB at the top of the draft. He's a backup plan in case the draft board falls through. Either that or we didn't learn a damn thing from last year.
By top of the draft you mean Dak Prescott in the 3rd?

I'll say this, if we end up taking Goff at 4 the organization will have done one hell of a job at smokescreening. The more likely scenario is that they're just idiots and actually prefer Prescott in the 3rd as opposed to Goff at 4.

townsend

Banned
By top of the draft you mean Dak Prescott in the 3rd?

I'll say this, if we end up taking Goff at 4 the organization will have done one hell of a job at smokescreening. The more likely scenario is that they're just idiots and actually prefer Prescott in the 3rd as opposed to Goff at 4.
This franchise is so weird, I honestly don't know. If they're drafting for long term, I think Goff makes sense. That's the kind of pick I'd expect from Steven.

It also makes sense considering our tendency to address a position with full force, after ignoring it for too long.

But 8 bet we end up trading down. Someone like the Broncos will pay to draft Goff if he's on the board.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This franchise is so weird, I honestly don't know. If they're drafting for long term, I think Goff makes sense. That's the kind of pick I'd expect from Steven.

It also makes sense considering our tendency to address a position with full force, after ignoring it for too long.

But 8 bet we end up trading down. Someone like the Broncos will pay to draft Goff if he's on the board.
we're trading down from 4 to 31?

I hate this fucking team...every year they think the roster is set and then shit happens.. rinse, repeat.

townsend

Banned
we're trading down from 4 to 31?
Not for free. Broncos have a SB caliber team, and just need a decent QB to keep it on the road. There might be other suitors with earlier picks, but if someone is willing to let us compile draft picks, I bet we do it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
For the Broncos to move up from 31 to 4 my floor would be their entire draft+1st next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Broaddus and Fisher are cackling about the potential of adding Weddle, no clue if there is any truth to it though and I wouldn't get excited until I see a national source report that a visit is planned.

Though I will say that adding Cedric Thornton and Weddle would immediately make the FA period a success for me.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
What does everybody think of Nolan Carroll visiting? I don't know much about him but I know he's a big corner

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What does everybody think of Nolan Carroll visiting? I don't know much about him but I know he's a big corner
Schlub. Was bad in Miami. Mediocre in Philly. Coming off a broken ankle from Thanksgiving.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's a rock solid 3rd CB, could probably play as your 2nd in a pinch although you'd probably look to upgrade when the opportunity arises.

Top Bottom