TV Thread

junk

Not So New Member
For those of you who have watched Dexter, I came across this.

http://www.slashfilm.com/dexter-showrunner-explains-that-ending-former-showrunner-reveals-alternate-idea/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_470948

That said, he told E! that he thinks “they did a good job with the final episode.” But that’s not stopping him from revealing how he would’ve closed the show, had he stayed on.
In the very last scene of the series, Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, ‘Oh, it was a dream.’ And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, ‘No, it’s not a dream.’ Dexter’s opening his eyes and he’s on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They’re just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he’s arguably responsible for, Rita, who he’s arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

That’s what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we’ve seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter’s execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.

Would have been a better ending. I assume the people he killed in the gallery would have just been visions or something. I think with that ending he actually still killed all those people?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Would have been a better ending. I assume the people he killed in the gallery would have just been visions or something. I think with that ending he actually still killed all those people?
I think that's what the guy being interviewed seemed to be saying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My big question with TWD...

If a big fire is all that it takes to distract a mob of zombies, why haven't they done this before or don't they do this going forward?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My big question with TWD...

If a big fire is all that it takes to distract a mob of zombies, why haven't they done this before or don't they do this going forward?
My guess would be that to do that before, they would have to set the country side on fire to do so. Which would endanger themselves. This time, they had a fuel truck and pumped it on top of the water in that pond.

I don't know... Grasping at straws here. Pretty good episode, tho. I like how they tied into the comics with Carl losing his eye.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess would be that to do that before, they would have to set the country side on fire to do so. Which would endanger themselves. This time, they had a fuel truck and pumped it on top of the water in that pond.

I don't know... Grasping at straws here. Pretty good episode, tho. I like how they tied into the comics with Carl losing his eye.
It's something that they just sort of learned about from those two people who burned the forest.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rick attacking the herd was ridiculous. If he hadn't gotten up he'd be dead. I realize Carl lost an eye and his lady got eaten trying to protect that bowl cut wearing retard. I really was hoping we would get a look at Negan, but I realize that Darryl taken out his guys makes for some bad blood.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rick attacking the herd was ridiculous. If he hadn't gotten up he'd be dead. I realize Carl lost an eye and his lady got eaten trying to protect that bowl cut wearing retard. I really was hoping we would get a look at Negan, but I realize that Darryl taken out his guys makes for some bad blood.
I thought that was actually a pretty good surprise. They had been teasing with that scene for a little while now and I certainly didn't see the rocket launcher coming.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I thought that was actually a pretty good surprise. They had been teasing with that scene for a little while now and I certainly didn't see the rocket launcher coming.
Yeah, I liked it, too. It wasn't unbelievable and the fight scene that ensued was pretty awesome.

Also, I want to go back and kill that fucking little kid again.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Better call Saul.

so in the timeline when was he working at Cinnabon? They made him look older than he is now so I'm guessing after the breaking bad stuff??

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Better call Saul.

so in the timeline when was he working at Cinnabon? They made him look older than he is now so I'm guessing after the breaking bad stuff??
I was wondering about that, too. They had a scene similar in last season's first episode. Maybe a foreshadow?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the Cinnabon thing is him in the witness protection program for Walt's thing.

Top Bottom