Harvey: Case for Murray — it’s about value, not position

Carp

DCC 4Life
So you have forgotten the injury prone label at the on set of him being picked?
Sure, but you are making things out like people hated him the whole time...which is blatantly false. Boomer Sooner man.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sure, but you are making things out like people hated him the whole time...which is blatantly false. Boomer Sooner man.
Of course some jumped on the bandwagon when he started to prove what he could go but at the beginning there were few supporters.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Of course some jumped on the bandwagon when he started to prove what he could go but at the beginning there were few supporters.
I don’t agree with that. Props though...you knew from the start...which flies in the face of your wait and see approach. Maybe you were just being an OU homer though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don’t agree with that. Props though...you knew from the start...which flies in the face of your wait and see approach. Maybe you were just being an OU homer though.
I am an OU homer. No secret there.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I must accept I remember LT being the only one eccstatic with the pick, everyone else had reservations to say the least.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I must accept I remember LT being the only one eccstatic with the pick, everyone else had reservations to say the least.
I liked him and took him in the mock that year, so I liked the player. I am objective enough to know though that him be signed longterm may not be best for the team. Does not make folks a hater if they feel the same way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I liked him and took him in the mock that year, so I liked the player. I am objective enough to know though that him be signed longterm may not be best for the team. Does not make folks a hater if they feel the same way.
Never called you a hater. There are some however that fall into that categorey.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I'll admit that I haven't thought as highly of him as others here have.

Yes the fumbles bother me but the injuries bother me more.

If he had a similar season last year to go along with this year, my tune would be a lot different.

But to call me a hater? Nah. I have no feelings one way or the other about him. If we can get him on a team friendly deal, I'll be ecstatic. If not, I hope we get ADP or someone who can carry the ball better than what we have now aside from Murray.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I've said I wouldn't mind having him back at the right price, but that doesn't look like it'll happen. He's said to want Jamaal Charles type money and that would be over $8mil/yr. That isn't going to happen here.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I would love to have him back at 4/16, which is good money for a fumbler that just had an epic workload.

Seriously, what makes anyone here think that this is the guy who will buck history and be the same player next season when everyone with his type workload has never been the same?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I've said I wouldn't mind having him back at the right price, but that doesn't look like it'll happen. He's said to want Jamaal Charles type money and that would be over $8mil/yr. That isn't going to happen here.
Hater.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was one of Murray's biggest supporters throughout the season. I felt like there were some guys who were diminishing his accomplishments and attributed it all to the O-line, and that simply is not true.

The guy is arguably the best all around back in football. I'm not saying he's the best RB in the game, just that he probably has the best combination of skills. He's tough, he breaks tackles, he reads his blocks well, he's a good receiver out of the backfield and he's a heck of a blocker.

While he didn't break a lot of long runs this year (and I'm not sure why), he's displayed a good amount of speed throughout his career and has shown an ability to break big runs.

No other RB in the league possesses all of those traits as he does. With that said, I just can't take the fumbling. I could live with the earlier fumbles but that one vs Green Bay was just too much. I just have a problem paying that guy 5 mill a year when I can't rely on him to protect the ball in the most crucial moments.

I wouldn't hate him coming back by any means, but I don't want the team to pay him more than 4 mill a year. I'd rather go a different route if we're going to hand out that kind of money to a RB.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What do you guys thinking of bringing in Trent Richardson if we go with the RB by committee thing?

I know he's sucked out loud in Indy, but it wouldn't hurt to bring him to camp. Make him battle it out in camp for a job and let's see where his heart is at. If he has the desire, he could provide us some quality carries especially behind this line.

I by no means want him to start, I just think he might be ok as a rotational guy.

D

Deuce

What do you guys thinking of bringing in Trent Richardson if we go with the RB by committee thing?

I know he's sucked out loud in Indy, but it wouldn't hurt to bring him to camp. Make him battle it out in camp for a job and let's see where his heart is at. If he has the desire, he could provide us some quality carries especially behind this line.

I by no means want him to start, I just think he might be ok as a rotational guy.
No thanks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not sure what is hard about it... You bring up Ryan Williams, a former 2nd round pick, and then draft a guy in the 2nd-4th to compete.

Use the savings on your own guys wisely.

No Ingrams or Richardsons or other ex-busts IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You are kidding, right?
Nope.

What do we risk on a cheap ass 1 year deal and an opportunity to see him in camp? If he sucks, he doesn't make the roster.

No harm, no foul.

But it's cheap, low-risk high reward moves like this that can help form championship rosters. Make him battle it out with Randle and Williams for the the 2nd back on the team and see how he does.

I don't see the harm in that for a former 1st rounder who had a good rookie campaign.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Not sure what is hard about it... You bring up Ryan Williams, a former 2nd round pick, and then draft a guy in the 2nd-4th to compete.

Use the savings on your own guys wisely.

No Ingrams or Richardsons or other ex-busts IMO.
So Williams is not an ex-bust?

Top Bottom