2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Jerry on the phone with Dak: "I'm glad you're excited cause we're excited about it too. You're a great young man, come in ready to...ready to...uhh uhh give it all on the line. You're at a time in your life when, uhh, it outta be the zoo #1 thing on ya mind is to ummm be a starting QB in the NFL."

What a hillbilly.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's kind of how I feel.I don't think Prescott is any good, But I would far rather Try to make Prescott work from the late fourth round, Then to waste a second and third on Lynch like they tried to do.
They offered a second and fourth.

D

Deuce

Watching the videos of the phone calls, Marinelli called Smith "Gaylon" like 3 times. lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tyvis Powell would be another nice safety to grab in the 6th.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I'm probably going to jinx us by saying this but our next pick is in the sixth round so who cares. But the nice thing about this draft so far is that none of our picks have been one of those "Who the F is that?" picks. These are all pretty well known commodities. No picks that anyone should be really upset about.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So I'm probably going to jinx us by saying this but our next pick is in the sixth round so who cares. But the nice thing about this draft so far is that none of our picks have been one of those "Who the F is that?" picks. These are all pretty well known commodities. No picks that anyone should be really upset about.
DeAndre Houston-Carson FS William and Mary

Our Who the F is that pick... coming up. He was a team captain and special teams stalwart, too. Book that shit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How?

Carter was a 2nd round pick we heavily invested in.

Dak was a compensatory 4th that the head coach had to beg for.
Who knows what Carter could have done if he had his head on straight. Physically he had potential. He just had a screwed up head.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
DeAndre Houston-Carson FS William and Mary

Our Who the F is that pick... coming up. He was a team captain and special teams stalwart, too. Book that shit.
I hope! I actually really like him. He would be right up our ally.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who knows what Carter could have done if he had his head on straight. Physically he had potential. He just had a screwed up head.
Drugs and a two cent head screwed him up. He wasn't as god awful as people want to remember.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
The one thing about Dak is he has a good head on his shoulders and is willing to learn. The kid lost his mom during the season and went out and played. Not many kids could have done that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree, Jerry should have never forced him to start as a rookie.

But he was never going to last he was just too messed up in the head I'm glad we cut bait.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Drugs and a two cent head screwed him up. He wasn't as god awful as people want to remember.
He was stupid on the field as well as off. He did have mobility and an arm, but even if he never tried drugs he was too dumb to be consistent.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I hope! I actually really like him. He would be right up our ally.
Honestly, I didn't know crap about him other than his name. I just looked him up to post that to you.

After reading up on him, he actually looks pretty decent. Big, fast, smart and good ball skills. Might make a nice 6th rounder. Of course, I'm getting all that from just reading a couple scouting reports, so...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was stupid on the field as well as off. He did have mobility and an arm, but even if he never tried drugs he was too dumb to be consistent.
He was never going to be a good long term starter. But I think if he wasn't so stupid off the field he may have had a chance to hang around for awhile as a backup QB. Maybe even been able to build a little off the year he went to the playoffs. Which is something we could never dream to do with the garbage we trotted out at QB last year.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
No, he really wasn't but outside of the infamous being cut and walking away in a sweatsuit picture, all I remember is him getting into it on the sideline with JJ and the playoff game against the Panthers when they crowed about recognizing his "tell" after it was over.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Was just looking at the Patriots draft. Damn. This place would burn down if this was our draft. Yuck.

2nd Cyrus Jones CB
3rd Joe Thuney G
3rd Jacoby Brissett QB
3rd Vincent Valentine DT
4th Malcolm Mitchell WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom