Archer: Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott finds off-field mission

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of the reasons I don't think Dak comes back down to earth so to speak is that he's a smart guy, a very hard worker, and believes in being fully prepared at all times.

You have to have a certain talent level too of course, but most of the greats seem to have the above traits.
Yeah and it was some of the major issues with Kaep and RGIII. Neither guy is a natural leader. In fact Kaep has been known as the total opposite. RGIII has had the lazy and unprepared tag for a long time.

If you look strictly at attitude and work ethic Dak has everything you could want.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
RG3 is far too involved in himself to be a true leader. Dak seems like he is all about being prepared. His ego is in check for now.

D

Deuce

RG3 is far too involved in himself to be a true leader. Dak seems like he is all about being prepared. His ego is in check for now.
Not to seem like I'm taking a shot at the man, but I remember Romo being like that once. Hopefully Dak doesn't become that Celebrity QB that Parcells warned us about.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Not to seem like I'm taking a shot at the man, but I remember Romo being like that once. Hopefully Dak doesn't become that Celebrity QB that Parcells warned us about.

I don't know if he was or if the media jumped on it quickly. If so it was short lived.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you saying Romo started out a "celebrity QB" or that he became one after starting out as a hard working leader type QB? I guess I'm sort of confused.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think the Cabo trip did him in.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think the Cabo trip did him in.
That and dating Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood didn't help.

I definitely think there was a window where the fame got the best of him. It didn't last long but I think he was a bit star struck because it all happened so fast for him.

I still remember the fans putting his name in the ROH that time. :lol

I mean, when you're a 20-something year old kid who just 2 months before was not known by anyone, it's easy to see how these things can happen.

D

Deuce

Are you saying Romo started out a "celebrity QB" or that he became one after starting out as a hard working leader type QB? I guess I'm sort of confused.
I'm saying he became one. I think he was a humble kid at first but the fame of his position on for this franchise got to him. Then he started dating musicians and models while spending off weeks in Cabo. Hopefully Dak avoids those distractions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm saying he became one. I think he was a humble kid at first but the fame of his position on for this franchise got to him. Then he started dating musicians and models while spending off weeks in Cabo. Hopefully Dak avoids those distractions.
Dating a former playboy model Nicole Parks hopefully doesn't count...

But yeah I think Dak's background is a little different. Coming from Eastern Illinois is a little different then coming from an SEC school and being on ESPN every day. Dak just seems more grounded to me.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
That story about him and his mom is pretty damn sad.

I think he is just a good kid all the way around.
He hit on my friend's wife at the time while they were vacationing in Cancun.

No lie.

Pinky swear.

True story.

shane

DCC 4Life
Let's hope we just found a one in a million QB. :towel
I think it's a case of the stars aligning. We have a QB with underrated abilities and composure nobody could have imagined out of college coming into a situation of the life-time with great receiver talent, a Marshall Faulk-esque RB, and the best offensive line in the league. It feels like a good time to be a Cowboys fan. Even the defense is looking impressive now!

Top Bottom