2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think the nepotism has probably put a damper on a few things With the program.. It's hard to have stern conversations to a brother if they screw up especially since they were a HC themself. It just not good policy. OU also needs an OC who can get more out of the players. They have made the transition to a new system but the personnel appear to not understand it at times.
I don't think it's a matter of the players not understanding Heupel's system, I think the system is just pure garbage.

Constant Flanker screens and forced passes to Shepard.....that's literally 80% of the Sooners' offense with Knight at QB.

If it's a matter of that's all that Knight is capable of running then he needs to be replaced ASAP along with Heupel.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
[MENTION=54]VA Cowboy[/MENTION] I see that Tennessee had its first winning season since 2009. That is just terrible. I am hoping that I don't find out what that is like. At least you had some stuff to look back on or some smack to answer with. Not me. When someone says TTU sucks I'm like, "oh yeah?! Remember when we won the...uh...at least we have some trophies in the...uh...f-you!!! Crabtree, you SOB!!!"
Yeah, their last AD was a moron. Hired Kiffin to replace Fulmer based more on Kiffin bringing in his dad to be DC and a bunch of other "all star" recruiters like scumbag Orgeron.Then to make it worse Kiffin bolts after one year and that set us back several years especially since the best we could do 3 week before signing day was frickin' Dooley.

At least now there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Tennessee had a top 10 recruiting class last year, was the youngest DI-A team this season and is in the process of having a top 5 class this coming year.

Unbelievably Gary Patterson was interested in the job several years ago, but TN's AD went with lil Kiffen. Thankfully he's now Bama's problem.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Apparently Gibbs and Tech are working on the numbers of the deal this morning. Barring something weird it should happen today.

It looks like Tech will finally pay some real money to an assistant. Obviously not 1.6 million or anything but significant for a mid-range Big 12 program like Tech.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Defensive backs coach/recruiting coordinator Zac Spavital looks to be coming with him.
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] let's get it done!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Defensive backs coach/recruiting coordinator Zac Spavital looks to be coming with him.
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] let's get it done!
Let me make a phone call.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If this deal goes through it will be a giant step in the right direction. Gibbs has experience as a turn-around coach. I'm glad that Kliff decided to not worry about the feelings of Mike Smith and go for a guy who's don't it before.

Mike Smith will stay and move to the DL. That gives Mike 2-3 years to truly be groomed. Big credit to Mike for wanting what is best for the program and stepping aside.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You sound pretty excited about a kid with no good offers.
Yes I realize that. His offer sheet is weak. I still like the player though. Apparently he is Big Green Mile-ish...

Cotton

Staff member
If this deal goes through it will be a giant step in the right direction. Gibbs has experience as a turn-around coach. I'm glad that Kliff decided to not worry about the feelings of Mike Smith and go for a guy who's don't it before.

Mike Smith will stay and move to the DL. That gives Mike 2-3 years to truly be groomed. Big credit to Mike for wanting what is best for the program and stepping aside.
I figured Smith would move to the LBers.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I figured Smith would move to the LBers.
We lost two coaches - coach Wally and Scott are gone. Gibbs comes in and probably coaches the LBers, Spav possibly safeties and maybe Haverty to WR where he played? As of now we have too many DB coaches if Gibbs and Spav come in.

Cotton

Staff member
We lost two coaches - coach Wally and Scott are gone. Gibbs comes in and probably coaches the LBers, Spav possibly safeties and maybe Haverty to WR where he played? As of now we have too many DB coaches if Gibbs and Spav come in.
I just figured he would move back to what he coached before. So, you think he moves to DL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom