Packers at Cowboys | Week 15 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/15/13

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We ran the ball 7 times in the entire second half with a 23 pt lead. 7 times.
Hey, they were stacking the box the entire second half to gear up to stop the run.

Oh wait, they did that in the first half as well and they still couldn't stop Dallas from running right through them.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tony Dungy echoed what we said yesterday. He said you can't give Romo the pass option when you're trying to burn the clock. He blames Garrett for giving Romo that option.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Hey, they were stacking the box the entire second half to gear up to stop the run.

Oh wait, they did that in the first half as well and they still couldn't stop Dallas from running right through them.
Classic Garrett. Too dependent on reads and looks, wants to always react to the defense instead of dictating to them. That's why he's been here 7 years and has yet to develop an offensive identity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

They put 8 in the box on quite a few run plays in the first half, yet we still had success. There is no excuse for Garrett, but yet he is STILL trying to blame execution. F'ing BS.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Murray is averaging 5.5 YPC on the year but doesn't even average 15 carries per game, can you imagine that?

And it's not like he's splitting carries with someone like MJD or Michael Turner who were elite 2nd RBs back in the day, we just don't run the ball.

The good news is that our OL really looks to be coming around in the run game and once we bring in a real coach we might have a relatively successful offense.

Cotton

Staff member
Tony Dungy echoed what we said yesterday. He said you can't give Romo the pass option when you're trying to burn the clock. He blames Garrett for giving Romo that option.
Of course it's Garrett's fault. Not even Smitty can argue that anymore.

Cotton

Staff member
I went back and looked at the play by play of the game. Holy Christ, don't do that. It will only serve to piss you off even more. Even some of the series in the first half. Inexcusable is the only word that is fitting.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Jerry, Hostile and Schmitty.

The Three Amigos. All three will have some sort of excuse for him.
I don't have any excuse for him for yesterday, I don't believe he is "utterly incompetent" though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I went back and looked at the play by play of the game. Holy Christ, don't do that. It will only serve to piss you off even more. Even some of the series in the first half. Inexcusable is the only word that is fitting.
I was pissed at the lack of running in the 2nd quarter, it's completely inexplicable and you could just feel it getting worse. I believe when we got the ball up 5 with about 4 minutes left we passed on 1st and 2nd, got into 3rd and 12 and Romo/Dez bailed us out, then what do we do?

Pretty much repeat the exact same mistake of course.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't have any excuse for him for yesterday, I don't believe he is "utterly incompetent" though.
What he did yesterday is utterly incompetent.

Same thing goes for the Arizona and Baltimore games of years past, also the Detroit game in 2011 where we pulled the same bullshit, up 20+ and refuse to run. At least back then our running game pretty much sucked and wasn't averaging 7 YPC.

D

Deuce

If that's the case, give me a scenario where he made a key coaching decision that looked competent. I honestly can't think of one this season.

Top Bottom