Week 13 Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Redskins | 12/7/2015

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cassell sucked overall, but that was a big play he made late to avoid the rush and stepping up to give Dez time to get open.

That play essentially set us up to win.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Luckily, our defense failed so miserably, they did something positive by leaving enough time for our offense. :lol

1:07 remaining for 100 yards and the Redskins score a TD with :44 remaining.

An average defense would've given up a TD with something like :10 remaining.
Great clock mismanagement by Garrett. I knew it'd come in handy one day.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We finally had two things happen: An opponent miss a FG in a close game and a turnover in a crucial moment. Other than that it was a total crapfest. But I guess it kind of makes up for the Colt McCoy loss last year.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And then your fucking overpaid kicker can't kick the fucking ball through the endzone.

He has one of the highest touchback percentages in the league. I'm sure it's the coaches telling him to do that in certain spots, and it's retarded.

data

Forbes #1
Wow. We actually hit 1,000 posts [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

data

Forbes #1
Let it not be forgotten that Mo Claiborne got burnt by DeSean Jackson for the game-tying TD

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Yea it wasnt on MO. You knew that was their one target and he got no help. Mo is more of a physical corner yet they gave him no help on a speed guy. Cant blame him for that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We are probably going to screw ourselves out of a top 5 pick and a shot at a franchise QB (probably just a shot at taking Jalen Ramsey 3rd overall in reality), but seeing Snyder with Portis and Moss in the box like they ever did anything besides luck into 2 wild card spots, and embarrassing the Redskins and their fans on MNF by beating them despite Matt Cassel and a -2 turnover margin was worth it. Their idiotic fans were of course starting to delude themselves into thinking they were a good team and were getting excited about being the tallest midget in this shitbox division, so bringing them back to reality in that fashion is just hilarious to me.

So give me the 7th or 8th overall and I'll be fine taking Jaylon Smith or Nkemdiche, or at the very least it would make taking one of these DB's more palatable than at 3rd with 1 or both QB's still on the board.

As an aside, can someone here give me one good reason why we would not run the clock down to 3 seconds before Bailey attempts a 50+ yard FG?

I'm not going to blame McFadden/the coaches too much for scoring the TD on the previous drive, although that was a bit idiotic as well, but there is absolutely no excuse to throw the ball twice in a row on the 37 yard line with about 20 seconds left with the Skins having one timeout. If we had a regular Romo, sure, you want to get into closer FG range, but with Cassel the chance of an INT or fumble there is nearly as likely as a 5-10 yard completion and by leaving 10-15 seconds on the clock you give the Redskins (with a timeout mind you, which at the very least you make them burn by running the ball) a chance to get into FG range themselves if we miss and give them the ball around their own 40 or so.

That sequence right there shows me that Garrett is literally no better than he was when he fucked up the Cardinals and Ravens games years ago. The obvious play there is spread the field, give the impression of the pass, run the ball, worst case scenario you get no gain and force them to call a timeout or bleed the clock until the FG attempt is the last play of the game. Hell, you may even gain 2-3 yards and make it a 51-52 yard attempt rather than 54-55.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This might be the least excited I have ever seen this board after a win. I can't say I feel much different. If Romo was still playing it would be a different ball game. With Cassell it's just a shitty win over a really shitty team and a worse draft spot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's a win. Parents love ugly children so take this win like a parent.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This might be the least excited I have ever seen this board after a win. I can't say I feel much different. If Romo was still playing it would be a different ball game. With Cassell it's just a shitty win over a really shitty team and a worse draft spot.
Yea, I mean the only solace I take in this was that we really embarrassed the Redskins and their asshole fans, although that doesn't mean much to you living in Iowa or where ever as it does to me living in DC. It's also nice to see improvement from Lawrence and an All-Pro night out of Lee before he spontaneously combusts again.

Avoiding the potential mental anguish that taking Jalen Ramsey over a QB with the 3rd or 4th pick after he runs a 4.35 at the combine is not lost on me either.

data

Forbes #1
When not injured, but play-for-play, I think Sean Lee is the best LB this franchise has had since the 70s.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ask the fucking millionaire kicker.
Fuck off you retard. I see you bitching and whining about Bailey...and the guy is great game in and game out. Somehow him kicking a 54 yarder to win is redemption for him. You are an idiot.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bailey is a top 5 kicker in the league, what's all this about?

Because our dumb fuck coaching staff sometimes asks him to kick it short?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bailey is a top 5 kicker in the league, what's all this about?

Because our dumb fuck coaching staff sometimes asks him to kick it short?
It was just Bipolar trolling. Just ignore his idiot ramblings until something sensible comes out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am real happy with the way the defense played. With very little help from the offense they played their asses off. Lawrence was excellent and Lee was about as good as I have ever seen him play. I also like that guys like Jack Crawford and David Irving seem to continue to get better. Towards the end they their tackling was not great, but for about 3 quarters they tackled the ball carrier right where they hit him...which is a big change for us.

Top Bottom