MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Wow, We've taken their best shots in the last 3 games and their very best we destroyed. Onwards and upwards gents! Rangers gotta range baby! :towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I really didnt expect to beat Kuechel like that. Time to get out the broom.

Cotton

Staff member
I really didnt expect to beat Kuechel like that. Time to get out the broom.
I didn't either. Now have our bats woken up?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As a "South Oklahoma Sweathog" living in Houston, it brings me great pleasure to see the Rangers kick the ever loving shit out of the Astros.

I don't have anything against the Astros, but I know how much this city loathes all things Dallas and how butt hurt they get when Dallas sports teams get the best of them.

So because of that, suck it, Houston!

:flip

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I didn't know you were a Rangers fan. We can now be BFFs.
I am not. But the Phillies are long out, so I have no one else to root for. Might as well root for Hamels and the team that was nice enough to give us Williams, alfaro, eikoff, and Thompson.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jake (Philadelphia): With Andrew Knapp's good season, and Jorge Alfaro coming over in the Hamels trade, who do you think the catcher of the future is for the Phillies?

Al Skorupa: Well, I think there's a strong chance it's neither guy, but they both have a shot. Dealing with Knapp first, I don't know he does enough with the glove or bat to profile as an everyday player. He's solid on both ends and he'll play in the bigs, but he's a below average defender who doesn't throw well (though I saw better from his as an amateur, pre-TJ). He's got some pop, but for me he's kind of straddling that line of offensive minded backup catcher... and that's a tough nut to crack. Alfaro I really don't have a lot of history with, but I've encountered more and more people who don't think he will catch. If so, he might just be a solid RF type. I like to phrase things in the context of how I would do things rather than what I think teams will do... I'd want a better defender for my everyday catcher of the future.

Cotton

Staff member
I am not. But the Phillies are long out, so I have no one else to root for. Might as well root for Hamels and the team that was nice enough to give us Williams, alfaro, eikoff, and Thompson.
In that case, GFY.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I also think that the rangers are a cool story. They were left for dead a couple months ago.

Cotton

Staff member
I also think that the rangers are a cool story. They were left for dead a couple months ago.
Okay, we can be friends again. I just can't seem to quit you.

Cotton

Staff member
Now comes the sweep.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Here comes the sweep. Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner! :towel

Cotton

Staff member
I'm still waiting for the bottom to fall out, but this sure is nice right now.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The Cubs just took 3 of 4 from the Pirates, the other NL Wildcard team they will be meeting in the 1 game play-in. Has to give them some confidence heading into that. Especially since they can throw Jake Arrieta in that game. Arrieta vs. Gerrit Cole should be a hell of a showdown. It's just too damn bad that either the Cubs or the Pirates are going to be one and done after that game because both teams have had outstanding seasons.

Top Bottom