2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe he'll be a good player.

We all thought Hitchens would be terrible as well.
I won't pretend to say he will suck.

I just don't think he will be great.

He just will be...there.

That is exactly what I thought when watching his cut ups.

He wasn't bad. He wasn't good. He just was.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WE TOOK BYRON FUCKING JONES WITH MALCOM FUCKING BROWN ON THE BOARD!

FUCK THIS SHIT!

I'M OUT THIS BITCH!

(mainly to get Whataburger... suck it, booze.)

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I guess we could have seen this happy horseshit coming.
I know I did. Hated that we had Brown (who I wanted all along) sitting there for us.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And, now the rest of you can join me in what I have been dealing with by myself for 15 minutes.
you werent alone..I was venting on twitter

data

Forbes #1
Pacman, Julius, Felix, Byron...why wasn't Jerruh's last name something other than Jones?

kidd

DCC 4Life
NFLN didn't even have any game footage to show of this guy! Just showed him at the combine.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Eh. Not who I would have taken, but I'm not going to flip out over it. As much as I would have rather we took Gregory or Brown, we also need CB pretty badly. And I do think this guy will be a good player. Not pissed. Not happy. Just... eh. Whatever.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
NFLN didn't even have any game footage to show of this guy! Just showed him at the combine.
Because he wasn't a good player in college.

He's an average player with great measurables.

A very good DT and a pass rusher on the board, and we take this shit head.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I a big Riddick fan if he likes the pick I am ok with it.

Plus all the guys Booze hates turn out very well.:lol

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Will McClay doesn't strike me as a guy that gets a hard on for workout numbers.

He saves those for Charlotte.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh. Not who I would have taken, but I'm not going to flip out over it. As much as I would have rather we took Gregory or Brown, we also need CB pretty badly. And I do think this guy will be a good player. Not pissed. Not happy. Just... eh. Whatever.
And that is the deal with this player.

Go watch his stuff.

You are like....whatever. There he is. Cool.

But hell, he set a fucking record in the broad jump, so that is like cool and stuff.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Byron Jones

Overview

Missed final five games of 2014 with shoulder surgery. Played in started in 7 games before surgery. In 2013, converted to cornerback from safety and started all 12 games finishing with three interceptions. Started 12 games at safety in 2012. Played basketball and football in high school.

Analysis

Strengths Extremely smart and instinctive on the field. Shows above-average anticipation of routes. Is able to sniff out rub routes and works to avoid them. Flashes recovery speed downfield and gets head around to find ball and make a play on it. Uses instincts and adequate closing burst to disrupt the catch. Generally reliable tackler. Team captain and leader on the field and in the locker room. Scouts say he's willing to play hurt and inspires his teammates.

Weaknesses Plays with high center of gravity. Has difficulty gearing down quickly and changing directions. Doesn't always play with feet under him. Will lose balance and footing too often. Not a quick-twitch athlete. Feet show noticeable stall before firing forward out of backpedal. Willing to tackle but not a physical player. Suffered season-ending shoulder injury in seventh game of 2014 season.

Draft Projection Round 1 or 2

Sources Tell Us "High-character player with the vision and instincts you want from an NFL cornerback. I'm not sure I like him in man coverage but there is a place for him in our league. Really nice young man who you cheer for." -- NFC North scout

NFL Comparison Blidi Wreh-Wilson

Bottom Line Instinctive cornerback with good size and adequate speed. Has the ball skills and anticipation needed for the position. Jones' balance and overall athleticism could be a concern in man coverage and his season-ending shoulder injury will need to be examined. He would be an interesting free safety prospect with his instincts, but might lack the physicality for the position.

Top Bottom