Super Bowl XLVIII Gameday Chatter Thread| 2/2/14

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Shouldn't Pete Carroll get an asterisk in the record book when talking about coaches who've won a Super Bowl and college championship?

USC had their title stripped thanks to Reggie Bush and other violations.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wouldn't shock me.

Those guys have either figured out a way to assemble the most unique collection of defensive talent in a long time, or they are all roided up. They play like they are out of their minds. Some of those hits last night were just sick.

They were at another gear that you don't see from defenses much anymore.

I would like to say congratulations, we need more of that type of defense. But the previous suspensions put a big question mark there in my mind.
I don't think PEDs played a part in last night's win. They were just better prepared.

They completely shut down all those pick plays and underneath crossing routes. I thought that was more the result of a team who did their homework and played smart.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
This wasn't a bad Super Bowl. It's the type of game which happens when a championship caliber defense plays perfectly. If you knew how to watch football, schmitty, you would've found the game enjoyable for the sole sake of watching a superb defense at work. I was blown away by that performance.
Yeah, I was engaged until the last 9 minutes when the outcome was well in hand. I kept watching and waiting for the broncos offense to get in sync. But I kept watching a Seahawks player ready to blow up any bronco making a catch. Amazing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Caliendo did an excellent skit on ESPN where he played Berman, Jaws, Schefter, Gruden, Kiper, Belichick, and Harbaugh all in the same skit.

It was great.

:lol

D

Deuce

Missed this from last night. Damn.

@NFLCharean: The Broncos have now lost five Super Bowls. Those scores were a combined 206-58.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If you knew how to watch football, schmitty
:words

It was completely uncompetitive and one sided. Maybe you enjoy seeing that, I found it boring.

A good defensive struggle would have been fun.... this wasn't one because it was lopsided.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
:words

It was completely uncompetitive and one sided. Maybe you enjoy seeing that, I found it boring.

A good defensive struggle would have been fun.... this wasn't one because it was lopsided.
Agreed.

Cotton

Staff member
Caliendo did an excellent skit on ESPN where he played Berman, Jaws, Schefter, Gruden, Kiper, Belichick, and Harbaugh all in the same skit.

It was great.

:lol
Yeah, I posted it earlier in this thread. It was very funny.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This wasn't a bad Super Bowl. It's the type of game which happens when a championship caliber defense plays perfectly. If you knew how to watch football, schmitty, you would've found the game enjoyable for the sole sake of watching a superb defense at work. I was blown away by that performance.
That defense is sick. Pure and simple.
Count me as one of the guys who misses the kind of defense we saw last night. The NFL in general has been pussified and offensively catered to for way too long. I love to see a hard hitting, knock your dick in the dirt D.

To make it worse, the Cowboys "run" the same defense the Seahawks employ? :lol
I didn't make a peep about being a Cowboys fan last night at our SB party. Its just too fucking embarrassing. Seattle is the team I wish the Cowboys would be, but its not going to happen in my lifetime. Fans around 20 have a shot, but only if goofgrandson becomes an Xgamer and sells the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So what are the chances that the asshole league office puts us in Seattle for the opener next year?

97%?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So what are the chances that the asshole league office puts us in Seattle for the opener next year?

97%?
Nah. He will put us in Seattle the week before we play in London.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

97%?
Fox is going to want to keep that game since it is an NFC matchup. I'd bet on a rematch with Manning.

Top Bottom