2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You know it never dawned on me until today that the two big stepstones to the Presidency occur in two states which are about as fucking WHITE as possible: Iowa and New Hampshire.

One salt of the earth, the other full of rich people.

They need to change this shit up.

Make California first one year. Put the shit in Texas to start off the next time. And in a huge awesome win, Florida.
How about every state voting at the same fucking time? Early states wield way too much power in this process.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How about every state voting at the same fucking time? Early states wield way too much power in this process.
I think the election voting does happen at the same time. I assume you are referencing the primary or whatever form they take?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
You know it never dawned on me until today that the two big stepstones to the Presidency occur in two states which are about as fucking WHITE as possible: Iowa and New Hampshire.

Make California first one year. Put the shit in Texas to start off the next time. And in a huge awesome win, Florida.
Geographically small, white, and not very populous. It makes no sense.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Rather have one national primary day.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Rand Paul has dropped out. Nice that a state with a population of about 50 people got to make that happen.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Rand Paul has dropped out. Nice that a state with a population of about 50 people got to make that happen.
Iowa is usually very libertarian leaning if he could not get any traction there he really had no chance.

It's sad too because he was actually a well-rounded candidate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iowa is usually very libertarian leaning if he could not get any traction there he really had no chance.

It's sad too because he was actually a well-rounded candidate.
It is extremely unfortunate. Makes me not give a shit about the election because I can't get behind any of the rest of the candidates in either party. They all suck horribly.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned
It is extremely unfortunate. Makes me not give a shit about the election because I can't get behind any of the rest of the candidates in either party. They all suck horribly.
He tried to straddle that fence, he should have stayed an outsider in the vain of his dad and tamped down the more extreme stuff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He tried to straddle that fence, he should have stayed an outsider in the vain of his dad and tamped down the more extreme stuff.
He straddled the fence because he took the best ideas from the Republican party and abandoned all the stupid bullshit ultra religious crap they go for.

I guess we will just have to get used to a lot of the same broken bullshit.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Apparently he has made a number of comments over the years about he'd be dating her if he wasn't her dad. Super creepy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
http://www.salon.com/2016/02/02/critics_cry_foul_over_coingate_hillary_clinton_had_1_6_chance_of_winning_6_coin_tosses_that_made_her_winner_in_iowa/

The results of the first caucus in the U.S. presidential primary election came down not to actual votes, but to a coin toss — or, rather, to multiple coin tosses.

Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton had a virtual tie in the Iowa caucus Monday night. With 99 percent of precincts reported, there was just a 0.2 percent difference; Sanders had 49.6 percent of statewide delegate equivalents, and Clinton had 49.8 percent.

The Iowa Democratic Party said the results were “the closest in Iowa Democratic caucus history.”

Because they were tied, in order to determine who would get the delegates, coin tosses were reportedly held in at least seven precincts.

There were two coin tosses in Des Moines and four more in Ames, Newton, West Branch and Davenport, the Des Moines Register reported. Clinton won all of these.

Another video, which the Des Moines Register did not report on, also emerged, showing a seventh coin toss in Johnson County. Sanders won what appears to be just this one.

Clinton reportedly won six out of the seven coin tosses. This assured her several more delegates to the Democratic Party’s county conventions, of which there are thousands that are selected from the state’s 1,681 precincts in order to determine who gets statewide delegate equivalents.

Clinton ultimately got 700.59 state delegate equivalents, while Sanders got 696.82 state delegate equivalents, a mere 3.77 point difference, according to the Iowa Democratic Party.

In other words, although six is a small fraction of the thousands of overall county delegates, these coin tosses — all of which Clinton reportedly won, despite the low probability — may have pushed her over the edge, giving her the extra statewide delegate equivalents that granted her an additional Iowa delegate.

Clinton ended up getting just one more Iowa delegate, with 22 to Sanders’ 21.

Even before all the precincts were reported, the characteristically confident Clinton campaign had immediately declared victory.

The Sanders campaign, on the other hand, has not conceded, and is requesting a recount, the Associated Press reported.

Because of the incredibly close results and the very low probability of Clinton winning all of these coin tosses, Sanders’ supporters have raised suspicions. Others have accused the Iowa caucus of manipulation and foul play.

Salon reached out to John Allen Paulos, the prominent mathematician and author of “Innumeracy: Mathematical Illiteracy and Its Consequences,” requesting a comment on the controversy. “It does arouse a little suspicion — about the six consecutive wins for Clinton, about the way the flips took place, and about the 60 missing attendees. Can’t say more now,” he said.

In Ames, Clinton was awarded county delegates based on a coin toss only after 60 caucus participants suddenly disappeared, for unknown reasons.

Moreover, a widely circulated video uploaded to C-SPAN alleges that Clinton supporters committed voter fraud in Polk County, Iowa. The post claims that the video shows the caucus chair and Clinton precinct captain not conducting an actual count of Clinton supporters and deliberately misleading the caucus.

Mere hours after being uploaded, the C-SPAN post had hundreds of thousands of views.

These circumstances led critics on social media to jokingly use the hashtags #coingate, #coinspiracy and #coinghazi.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't know if it's just me but the media seems to be ones who are doing the most to inflate the rise of Trump and Sanders.

Trump even more so anything Trump does is covered as if he the actual president speaking and then it's another 15 minutes of talking head breakdown, I don't remember any other candidate recieving this much ongoing coverage.

Now Sanders is getting this overblown underdog coverage, the fact that he is pushing Clinton is news worthy but it seems they are starting to overestimate it's real importance.

I guess they are making up for writing him off all summer and fall.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Bernie is officially my guy this year. Doubt he wins the nomination, but he's the only one left who would be committed to quit handing free money to the military industrial complex and fight greed on Wall St.

And seriously, he'd never get any of his crazier ideas through a Republican gerrymandered House of Reps.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
I absolutely despise Bernie's energy plan. Honestly it's bad enough to push me towards Clinton. Nobody with an IQ above 49 should be shitting on nuclear power, especially if curbing greenhouse gases is so damned important. If there's one thing that could actually save us from fossil fuels it'll be nuclear power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom