Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fired guy from San Diego who couldn't even get the job at Maryland. WIN!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just the way it looked. He's goofy, the hand slapping like they got a Hall of Famer. The lack of press and fanfare. Just funny.
OIC. I do think the situation in itself is a little awkward as well. Pederson has zero skins on the wall.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tenn hires Robiskie as their OC. Jesus...not a great past couple days for them.
It's a very strange decision.

IIRC, Robiskie has spent most of his career as a WR coach. I remember him holding that same position with the Redskins way back in 2000 when they tried to buy a SB. So why would you think this guy would be capable of leading an offense?

Don't get me wrong, all kinds of coaches make that steady progression over the course of their careers, but this isn't a young coach coming up in the ranks. He's a pretty old dude that's been in the league for a long time. It's highly unlikely that his best years are in front of him.

It's a head-scratcher to say the least.

Carp

DCC 4Life
A little weird that Marrone does not get mentioned for jobs anymore. I know him leaving Buff was odd, but that escape clause in his deal was the Bills fault, not his.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
A little weird that Marrone does not get mentioned for jobs anymore. I know him leaving Buff was odd, but that escape clause in his deal was the Bills fault, not his.
He was mentioned in connection with Philly and New York. He didn't interview in Philly but I think he was a real possibility in NY before Philly tried for McAdoo.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Supposedly Philly requested permission to talk to Spagnuolo for DC and the Giants denied permission.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah and it's weird because I thought he did a pretty masterful job with Buffalo. He basically took shit at QB and spun it into a winning record. That's hard to do in the NFL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Andy Reid is hiring Brad Childress to replace Peterson.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Schwartz is a decent DC candidate but I think the Eagles will struggle to transition from a 3-4 to 4-3 when you consider that they already lack top end talent aside from Cox who can play in any scheme, Kendricks will probably be fine as well.

Other than that I see a bunch of guys who are mediocre at best and questionable fits.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Schwartz is a decent DC candidate but I think the Eagles will struggle to transition from a 3-4 to 4-3 when you consider that they already lack top end talent aside from Cox who can play in any scheme, Kendricks will probably be fine as well.

Other than that I see a bunch of guys who are mediocre at best and questionable fits.
I see a pretty good 4-3 front.

Grahm and Cox and the ends, logan and Thornton at tackle.

Curry and Barwin as rotational DE's.

Barwin, Alonso and Kendricks at LB.

Now that LB core is suspect because of injury but there are some nice pieces for a 4-3 and Schwartz runs more of a 46 anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Schwartz had a beastly defense with the Bills. I think he is an excellent hire. I actually would love him as our defensive coordinator. The Eagles defense could be good. But luckily I think their offense will be total shit. They don't have a receiver on that roster that scares anyone and the O-line is in shambles.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Texans Linebacker Coach Mike Vrabel Interviewing for San Francisco 49ers Defensive Coordinator Position
Patrick Starr
PATRICK STARR
7:58 AM
Texans linebacker coach Mike Vrabel is interviewing for the San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator opening.

Houston Texans linebacker coach Mike Vrabel is interviewing for the San Francisco 49ers defensive coordiantor position under new head coach Chip Kelly according to Bleacher Reports Matt Miller. Vrabel has been with the Texans the past two seasons as the linebacker coach under current defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel.

Vrabel is known for his coahcing techniques helping the likes of Whitney Mercilus, Jadeveon Clowney and John Simon and pushing them to get better. Vrabel started his coaching career at The Ohio State as a linebacker and defenisve line coach for three seasons under Urban Meyer. Add in his NFL playing experience and three Super Bowl rings, it was only a matter of time before other NFL teams took notice of Vrabel and his potential rise in the coaching ranks.

He has made a clear difference in the Texans linebackers and would be considered a key loss if he does head to the 49ers as the defensive coordinator.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Schwartz had a beastly defense with the Bills. I think he is an excellent hire. I actually would love him as our defensive coordinator. The Eagles defense could be good. But luckily I think their offense will be total shit. They don't have a receiver on that roster that scares anyone and the O-line is in shambles.
That's because he had the best DL in football with literally 4 Pro Bowlers.

When they traded for Kiko Alonso last year I said let's see what he does when he isn't playing behind 4 Pro Bowlers on the DL, and what did he do this year?

Dick and shit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Now that LB core is suspect because of injury but there are some nice pieces for a 4-3 and Schwartz runs more of a 46 anyway.
Graham has already played in a 4-3 and was average, if anything his career took off a little bit once they went to a 3-4. Cox will play DT, not DE, and if they do start a line with Cox, Logan and Thornton I wouldn't worry about them getting any kind of pass rush. Barwin has basically never played in anything but a 3-4, and has been nothing more than average outside of 2 fluke seasons, I also don't see him being athletic enough to play LB in a 4-3.

Their defense is already average at best in a 3-4, and that's being kind honestly, with a bunch of guys with no experience and/or don't fit in a 4-3. I don't see how their defense is anything better than average, and more than likely it ends up being pretty terrible, unless they have some kind of fluke season where the team is energized by a new staff and then falls off a cliff the next year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah, but Thornton and Curry are FAs. Should be interesting if they hire douche coach.

Top Bottom