Has anybody talked to Skid? [Please donate to help to support Skid and his family]

Jiggyfly

Banned
I hope his wife is doing well and that his absence is not due to things not going well.

I was thinking maybe we could put some money in and send her something to let him and her know they are in our thoughts.

Moderator edit: I am adding the donation link for Skid's family to the first post

http://www.payit2.com/fundraiser/85653

Last edited by a moderator:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I agree. It would be fantastic to send him and his family something. Set something up, Jiggy, and we can get this thing rolling.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree. It would be fantastic to send him and his family something. Set something up, Jiggy, and we can get this thing rolling.
Would need some ideas on what to get and how to create a pot everybody can chip in.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Would need some ideas on what to get and how to create a pot everybody can chip in.
There are many options for collecting money online. It could just be sent to someone's Paypal account. Or set something up on a site like payit2.com or something similar.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I sent her some flowers from my family last night. So, maybe a plant or maybe a couple of plants depending on how much we collect.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There are many options for collecting money online. It could just be sent to someone's Paypal account. Or set something up on a site like payit2.com or something similar.
Will look into setting up an account.

Any ideas on a gift?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Will look into setting up an account.

Any ideas on a gift?
Maybe something like a gift certificate to some local restaurant? Maybe a place where they can go sit and have a meal together or else pick up a bunch of food to bring home. Just thinking that is always a nice thing when you have a big family because it eliminates all the cooking/cleaning that a home cooked meal would create. I'm sure there is no lack of barbecue and tacos around New Braunfels and either of those would fit the bill. Just a thought.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe something like a gift certificate to some local restaurant? Maybe a place where they can go sit and have a meal together or else pick up a bunch of food to bring home. Just thinking that is always a nice thing when you have a big family because it eliminates all the cooking/cleaning that a home cooked meal would create. I'm sure there is no lack of barbecue and tacos around New Braunfels and either of those would fit the bill. Just a thought.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I will look into setting up some kind of account today and we can have people familiar with the area give some restaurant ideas.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Coopers is BBQ so it will be expensive. Not sure about the other place.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Those work for me.

I like the idea of a split so we should shoot for that.

How much will be needed for a nice meal at each?
Maybe just see how much money is collected and then figure out how much to put towards each place, put it all towards one place, whatever. Probably would help to determine how many people in his household prior to buying barbecue (4 kids still live with him? 3?) but not totally necessary.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This was a great idea and a very kind gesture, Jiggy.

Thanks for standing the donation site up.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe just see how much money is collected and then figure out how much to put towards each place, put it all towards one place, whatever. Probably would help to determine how many people in his household prior to buying barbecue (4 kids still live with him? 3?) but not totally necessary.
Yeah just wait and see ho we get and we might get some other ideas as well.

Top Bottom