Week 5 Gameday Chatter | Texans vs. Cowboys | 10/05/2014

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
•Jason Witten continues to make us all look smart for drafting him in 2003. Proud to say I was in the room that day. He is truly a one of a kind player.
I wonder if Broaddus will tell us he was in the room for the 2009 draft, too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Bengals are highly overrated. Perhaps the most overrated team in the league.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
No matter how hard these defensive coordinators try and take Dez Bryant out of the game, he will continue to find ways to make plays. I thought that Texans cornerback Jonathan Joseph played him well, and for carrying him the majority of this game, he really deserves a tip of the cap for his effort. But, it just wasn't good enough. Standing on the sideline in overtime, when I saw that ball leave Romo's hand, I thought he was throwing it away and there was no shot for Bryant to make that play, but he did. This game was a gut check for Bryant. He had to fight for space all day, and that wasn't easy. What I am starting to realize about Bryant is the harder that opposing coordinators make it for him, the more likely he is to rise to the challenge.
Ooooo.....Dez Bryant and his TE like 11.7 yards per catch...ELITE WR!!!!

Guy cannot get open down field to save his life. He has to rely on out jumping or out muscling the defender to make a great play. You never see him wide open unless someone blows an assignment. Mediocre CBs run with him all over the field.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
either that or the Pats were on a mission to prove they and Brady weren't done
I don't think the Pats are back, I just think the Bengals are one of those teams that you can predict to always shit the bed when they have a statement game.

There are just some franchises that will always be doomed to never ever truly be a contender, and the Bengals are one of them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Guy cannot get open down field to save his life. He has to rely on out jumping or out muscling the defender to make a great play. You never see him wide open unless someone blows an assignment. Mediocre CBs run with him all over the field.
Hmmm...seems like you described Michael Irvin.

I get the frustration with the lack of WR production, but you are going to have this kind of thing when you are identifying yourself as a running team.

This is not Norv Turner and Aikman running this offense.

Bryant is just fine.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That Budweiser commercial with the dog.

Oh the feels.

shane

DCC 4Life

I get the frustration with the lack of WR production, but you are going to have this kind of thing when you are identifying yourself as a running team.

Bryant is just fine.
Yeah he doesn't have electric speed. So what? He's still fantastic. Williams and him are an awesome tandem who compliment each other very well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Revis has kicked Green's ass. That is why when people suggest Green is better than Bryant, I kind of laugh. That competitive fire is not there with Green.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Bryant is just fine.
He makes a big catch each week and he scores TD at a pace that no other pass catcher in the league has matched.

I'll take that everyday of the week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dang that ball sure does look shiny.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That was a good throw by Romo, considering. He couldn't really step up, and got pasted right when he let it go.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Time for people to start picking up Tim Wright off of waivers in FF.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Time for people to start picking up Tim Wright off of waivers in FF.
I've had him for weeks. Got him for insurance in case Gronk got heart again plus I thought he'd be used like Aaron Hernandez which obviously hasn't happened.

Top Bottom