The Great Police Work Thread

jeebs

Brand New Member
Every cop has seen that video 100 times and they act like it. Yet they are much more likely to die in a crash, why aren't they watching "red asphalt"?

Frankly I have to start questioning whether cops are indocternated or just cowards. Frankly crab fisherman face greater dangers (even including cop deaths in traffic accidents) yet manage not to be terrified of the ocean.

Never been safer to be a cop, yet hey are ever more scared and more violent to the public. Well, I guess that is just the way they are trained,but I just get furious with the public (you) for justify and encouraging this mindset.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Every cop has seen that video 100 times and they act like it. Yet they are much more likely to die in a crash, why aren't they watching "red asphalt"?

Frankly I have to start questioning whether cops are indocternated or just cowards. Frankly crab fisherman face greater dangers (even including cop deaths in traffic accidents) yet manage not to be terrified of the ocean.

Never been safer to be a cop, yet hey are ever more scared and more violent to the public. Well, I guess that is just the way they are trained,but I just get furious with the public (you) for justify and encouraging this mindset.
So, you would (if you were a cop) walking up to a car with not a care in the world. You are such a man. I applaud you for having such huge nuts.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, a painting. Very indicative of real life.

jeebs

Brand New Member
So, you would (if you were a cop) walking up to a car with not a care in the world. You are such a man. I applaud you for having such huge nuts.
I manage to talk to people all day long without my hand on my gun. I don't know if it is because I am man or because I don't have a bunch of cheerleaders justifying all my actions and a legal system geared to sweep it under the rug.

Hell even security guards manage to do it. If police were private employees (with thorough gov oversight) customer service might matter and it wouldn't be us against them.

Cotton

Staff member
I manage to talk to people all day long without my hand on my gun. I don't know if it is because I am man or because I don't have a bunch of cheerleaders justifying all my actions and a legal system geared to sweep it under the rug.

Hell even security guards manage to do it. If police were private employees (with thorough gov oversight) customer service might matter and it wouldn't be us against them.
You manage to talk to people in the general public not likely to pull a gun on you like a man. Well done. Try it with a much more increased risk of having one pulled on you. Kinda like going on the bad side of town and talking to a person that knows you shouldn't be there. Try talking without your hand on your gun then. I would imagine that is every single traffic stop for a cop. But, they are just pussies that should have better customer service and shit.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You can be scared without acting unprofessional and aggressive. Cops that wear body cameras have fewer complaints, from both force and the way they behave. They aren't less scared than other cops, they are just under pressure to control themselves

jeebs

Brand New Member
You can be scared without acting unprofessional and aggressive. Cops that wear body cameras have fewer complaints, from both force and the way they behave. They aren't less scared than other cops, they are just under pressure to control themselves
Quoted one more time. Iamtdg is like a battered woman, he is not even arguing that cops aren't acting out of line, just that they have thier reasons and life is hard.

Cotton

Staff member
Back to the few that are unprofessional. I was addressing the idea that cops walk up to situations with their hands on their guns. I don't at all blame them for doing that. There are a ton of crazy ass people in this country that intend bad things on anyone of authority. If I was a cop and walked up on Bipo, and more especially Hugh in a traffic stop, I would damn sure have my hand on my gun.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Video police on the job, enforce the laws on police and public alike, and stop cheer leading the bastards abuses; then I don't think I would have a single complaint.

Cotton

Staff member
Quoted one more time. Iamtdg is like a battered woman, he is not even arguing that cops aren't acting out of line, just that they have thier reasons and life is hard.
Yeah, I haven't once said that there are some bad cops. Not even once. They are all exemplary individuals. All of them. Not one exception.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Yeah, I haven't once said that there are some bad cops. Not even once. They are all exemplary individuals. All of them. Not one exception.
Maybe you do, but then with your next breath you excuse and justify their actions.

Your point is like saying I don't admit their are some good cops. I do, but that is not my point.

Cotton

Staff member
Video police on the job, enforce the laws on police and public alike, and stop cheer leading the bastards abuses; then I don't think I would have a single complaint.
You haven't once answered my rebuttals about why the hand should be on the gun. All you do is focus on the cops that are naughty. Which is probably like 5% of the cops out there. But, it's all you got. So, carry on arguing the same ole shit without a real point.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe you do, but then with your next breath you excuse and justify their actions.
I damn sure do justify them having their hand on their gun. I don't justify inappropriate action from them. I figured I made that clear. But, you can't see past your agenda to discuss it reasonably.

jeebs

Brand New Member
You haven't once answered my rebuttals about why the hand should be on the gun. All you do is focus on the cops that are naughty. Which is probably like 5% of the cops out there. But, it's all you got. So, carry on arguing the same ole shit without a real point.
I don't know how to answer your point. Cops are twice as likely to die in a car wreck, but they don't fear that. Their is some danger, and keeping the officers scared of it only increases that danger.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know how to answer your point. Cops are twice as likely to die in a car wreck, but they don't fear that. Their is some danger, and keeping the officers scared of it only increases that danger.
Cops don't fear being in a car accident? Really?

jeebs

Brand New Member
Cops have shot 3 different people in the back while handcuffed in Bay Area alone in the last 10 years. One metropolitan area!! In comparison their are about 20 officer shooting deaths a year across he country across the dozens if different kinds of agencies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
There's about 300,000 cops in America, so 5% is still 60,000 people and they can do a lot of damage. Public trust in the police is important and rooting out the bad apples so people, especially minorities who are less likely to trust them, can cooperate without feeling threatened will do more overall for the police mission than buying more military hardware.

Top Bottom