Per Jay Glazer: Kiffin to be fired and Garrett will be retained

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Do we even have a NT for the 3-4?

To me, getting a good run stopping NT for the 3-4 is as important as finding the outside pass rushers.

I think it is the biggest reason our 3-4 was never great. We never had a legit NT for the scheme.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Nix is a pure 3-4 NT and will likely be there at 16, if we decided to go that route.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
kiffin should stay, but someone should tell him that in this league, you have to be flexible. you have to be able to play both man and zone at different times. i guess if he can't do that, though, he should be fired.

dallen

Senior Tech
I would prefer Marinelli as the defensive coordinator and then bring in the best secondary coach available. It doesn't seem to matter how much pressure we get, or how much talent we add, our secondary seems to continually get burnt by the most simple passes. I think Marinelli is a stud coach and I like his attitude. I'm sure we will clean house if we really fire Kiffin. If Kiffin simply retires I could see Marinelli take over. I really hope we stick with the 4-3 though. If we bring in a new defensive coordinator I would take anyone from the SeaHawks defensive staff.
Welcome back to Dallas, Ken Norton Jr

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
kiffin should stay, but someone should tell him that in this league, you have to be flexible. you have to be able to play both man and zone at different times. i guess if he can't do that, though, he should be fired.
If he doesn't know that by know then there's no chance he learns.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
All I know is that it's going to be real uncomfortable around Valley Ranch this year.

I think Chris Boniol may get the axe.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All I know is that it's going to be real uncomfortable around Valley Ranch this year.

I think Chris Boniol may get the axe.
Don't forget about the "executives" Goof Son threatened a few weeks ago. Those media and PR directors better be shitting themselves.

GShock

DCC 4Life
The entire defensive side can go. I'd love to get a coach of Horton's caliber, but we desperately need more playmakers on the defensive line. A lot of them.

And Callahan can hit the road, too.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The entire defensive side can go. I'd love to get a coach of Horton's caliber, but we desperately need more playmakers on the defensive line. A lot of them.

And Callahan can hit the road, too.
Horton would be nice, but we desperately need a new OC as well.

If we're not bringing in a new OC with free reign to implement his own system, then the Cowboys won't be much better next year even with a better defense.

If we have to stomach another year if Garrett, then at least give us a completely new offense already.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Sick of fucking retreads.

Can we get someone here that is innovative with new ideas?

jeebs

Brand New Member
I would really like to see marinelli as iur coordinator i think he is a hell of a coach. But I heard it mentioned that marinelli might not want the job after kiffin is showed the door. Apparently he already left one job that wanted to keep him on as DC because they fired his head coach. Basically prefering to be a position coach rather then be "disloyal".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would really like to see marinelli as iur coordinator i think he is a hell of a coach. But I heard it mentioned that marinelli might not want the job after kiffin is showed the door. Apparently he already left one job that wanted to keep him on as DC because they fired his head coach. Basically prefering to be a position coach rather then be "disloyal".
I am not even so sure on Marinelli anymore. The DL was great initially, but it faded fast.

I realize the guy had to deal with almost impossible injuries, but how exactly does that mean he is going to be a good DC?

I want Horton if he is cut loose. Badly.

Besides, we all know if Lovie gets a job, Marinelli is right there and I bet Jones lets him go because he is just such a swell guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's probably the only guy the team would allow to run his own show on offense.
Why on earth would he want to come to Dallas, for one year, to be the Trainee's understudy?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not even so sure on Marinelli anymore. The DL was great initially, but it faded fast.

I realize the guy had to deal with almost impossible injuries, but how exactly does that mean he is going to be a good DC?

I want Horton if he is cut loose. Badly.
AS the defensive coordinator of the Bears they had one of the best defenses in the NFL. This past year without Marinelli their defense fell to 30th in the NFL and gave up more points per game then the Dallas Cowboys. I think the guy has proven himself as a legit defensive coach over the years.

I like Ray Horton but I hate the idea of now switching back to the 3-4. I just want to stick with a damn defense.

Top Bottom