Cowboys owner Jerry Jones remains committed to Jason Garrett

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Except win games and stuff

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yep. I'm tired of looking backwards. We need to stop with the offenses and defenses whose best days are 10-15 years ago. That is what brought us Kiffin. We need some forward thinking and innovation.
Yep. But that's not Jerry's style.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Garrett will never learn clock management skills. Some coaches know how to win close games by milking the clock just enough at the right times. Garrett has absolutely no feel for that. No one can use the run game as an excuse this year when your star RB is getting over 5 yards a pop.
Or the offensive line for that matter, which was Smitty's go to excuse. The offensive line was solid, the RB was very good, yet the offense was still retarded.

Genghis Khan

Except win, of course.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Coaches like Harbaugh also had experience. Experience as a HC and dealing with these situations which caused their teams to win games. Garrett still has his training wheels on.
If Garrett had never played a down for the Cowboys and never had a link to the franchise I guarantee Jerry never hires him in Dallas.

It's good to have friends in high places.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Garrett will never learn clock management skills. Some coaches know how to win close games by milking the clock just enough at the right times. Garrett has absolutely no feel for that. No one can use the run game as an excuse this year when your star RB is getting over 5 yards a pop.
Who called the stupid timeout at the end of the half? They should have ran the clock down to approx. 3 seconds but someone called a timeout with 20 seconds to play.

It was a minor thing that didn't end up hurting us but that's the kind of clock mismanagement that we constantly get from Garrett and it's gotten old quickly.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The Giants had massive amount of injuries but still went 7-3 down the stretch. You don't see a run like that with us.
They feasted on an easy schedule thanks to timely injuries in most of those games. And we'd have peed ourselves if the Cowboys had started 0-6.

Something about the mentality of this team makes them front-runners. They become full of themselves and become less teachable as the season progresses. That culture was in place before Jerry Jones ever got here, but Jerry Jones ensures that it continues

dallen

Senior Tech
Honestly, I thought this was made up when I first read it, that's how unbelievable it is. Then I googled it and there it was, plain as day in some DFW area article.

Jerry is so far gone that there is no hope, if we had won last night or Garrett somehow lucks into making the playoffs next year, I'm thinking that buys him at least 2 more seasons.
Even for Jerry that is insane

dallen

Senior Tech
I would like to know exactly what all mistakes Garrett has learned from because he seems to continually make the same mistakes over and over

D

Deuce

I would like to know exactly what all mistakes Garrett has learned from because he seems to continually make the same mistakes over and over
You can't expect people to learn from mistakes the first time. It's a process. He's just stacking mistake after mistake so he can get it right.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You can't expect people to learn from mistakes the first time. It's a process. He's just stacking mistake after mistake so he can get it right.
He must have a pretty fucking high stack of mistakes right now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He must have a pretty fucking high stack of mistakes right now.
Exactly and do you want to throw all of that experience away and just start over? How fucking entertaining would that be?! HUH?!

Genghis Khan

I can't wait for the day when the headline stops at "Jerry Jones Remains Committed."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He used to not work quite as hard to get better, but he's practically done a 180 in that regard.

Genghis Khan

"After 25 years of Hall of Fame Eligibility, Jerry Jones Remains Ommitted."

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Exactly and do you want to throw all of that experience away and just start over? How fucking entertaining would that be?! HUH?!
:lol

Top Bottom