2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They absolutely are different things. One is going up for the ball like Fuller is here, and one is what Williams is doing in the picture I posted. Still doesn't mean that Fuller isn't considered a body catcher by like almost every scout out there. Not real sure of what your point is here.
My point is your real complaint in the picture of Williams is that he isn't high pointing the ball. Of course even if he did, he isn't making that catch. But that is different then body catching. Thus your picture has nothing to do with being a body catcher and has everything to do with receivers who don't high point the ball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My point is your real complaint in the picture of Williams is that he isn't high pointing the ball. Of course even if he did, he isn't making that catch. But that is different then body catching. Thus your picture has nothing to do with being a body catcher and has everything to do with receivers who don't high point the ball.
Good grief. Had he high-pointed the ball he would have his arms extended, thus catching it with his hands. But, since he is a body catcher, he is waiting for the ball to get into his body. It hurts him tremendously as a receiver, because he doesn't go up and fight for the ball. It's not that hard to understand.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just be thankful it isn't Randle.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good grief. Had he high-pointed the ball he would have his arms extended, thus catching it with his hands. But, since he is a body catcher, he is waiting for the ball to get into his body. It hurts him tremendously as a receiver, because he doesn't go up and fight for the ball. It's not that hard to understand.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, yeah, if the ball is thrown high, he kinda has to put his hands up. I bet he's not a foot off the ground in that picture.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Well, yeah, if the ball is thrown high, he kinda has to put his hands up. I bet he's not a foot off the ground in that picture.
A single snapshot is not usually very helpful in a moving situation, like you said we don't know if he's off the ground in that pic, but we also cannot tell if he's just turning from a cut in the one you posted either...

I agree bodycatching is not a good trait for a WR to have, but trying to base a case on one pic...:art

Cotton

Staff member
A single snapshot is not usually very helpful in a moving situation, like you said we don't know if he's off the ground in that pic, but we also cannot tell if he's just turning from a cut in the one you posted either...

I agree bodycatching is not a good trait for a WR to have, but trying to base a case on one pic...:art
That was kinda my point. He was trying to claim that Williams high-points the ball using that picture, and there is no way to even tell what is going on from that pic.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That was kinda my point. He was trying to claim that Williams high-points the ball using that picture, and there is no way to even tell what is going on from that pic.
Looks pretty conclusive to me also. The ball is already in the area and the receiver should have already been extended at that point.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Looks pretty conclusive to me also. The ball is already in the are and the receiver should have already been extended at that point.
Are you talking about the pic I posted or the one Crock posted?

Cotton

Staff member
The first one in the thread.
Yes, I agree. That was my point. He is waiting for the ball instead of going to get it. Typical of a body catcher.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There has been plenty of debate over catching with the body as opposed to hands. Not only with Williams either.
Nobody has claimed it was not an issue.

The real debate was if Fuller was worth a 2nd round pick and this random picture has nothing to do with what the real debate was about.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There have been plenty of people say, yourself included, that the body catching thing is overblown. This is the perfect example of how it can drastically hurt a receiver's game.
I never said anything about that.

The debate was about you claiming Fuller was not worth a high round pick.

But whatever you need to feel vindicated.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never said anything about that.

The debate was about you claiming Fuller was not worth a high round pick.

But whatever you need to feel vindicated.
That is correct, it all started because he thought Fuller would be a sixth round steal as a special teams player. He ended up going 21st in the draft.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Need video before criticizing receiving technique on a single pass play. Could be an errant throw or bad or mistimed pattern.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need video before criticizing receiving technique on a single pass play. Could be an errant throw or bad or mistimed pattern.
It's impossible to tell from a picture. A receiver always needs to try to catch the ball at it's highest point though. Doesn't really have much to do with body catching, it's more of a technique issue.

Rev

Staff member
Nobody has claimed it was not an issue.

The real debate was if Fuller was worth a 2nd round pick and this random picture has nothing to do with what the real debate was about.
That was just one part of it. The Bodycatching debate goes back before that. I know because I brought it up the first time.

Rev

Staff member
Its not impossible to tell from a picture when a guy has a reputation for doing it.

Cotton

Staff member
That is correct, it all started because he thought Fuller would be a sixth round steal as a special teams player. He ended up going 21st in the draft.
You manipulative little bitch. I said *I* would take him as a 6th round ST player. I knew where he would go, or at least where he was projected to go.

And, I can't find it, but at least a couple of you jackwagons were downplaying body catching as a negative.

Cotton

Staff member
It's impossible to tell from a picture. A receiver always needs to try to catch the ball at it's highest point though. Doesn't really have much to do with body catching, it's more of a technique issue.
:picard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom