A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

townsend

Banned
It's just not worth it. You obviously are more commited to beating the same illogical drum longer than I'm willing to participate. I just don't have the time or energy when it spins out into nonsense. I could give a passionate response that lead to what?

I'll let someone else fight this fight and be happy to swim by and give my occasional jab when convenient.
It's weird how you were all "at all cost, if I can save one child" "nothing matters except for the safety of women and children." but when I bring up a christian darling like home schooling, that has been definitively linked to sexual abuse over the years you're too winded. The point is that it's never been about child safety. Not. Ever. It's been about pushing around a disenfranchised minority.

townsend

Banned
Not sure what it has with transgenders but I'm not the one who said save children at all costs. I believe their is a cost to freedom that myself and many others wouldn't be willing to give up simply to save one more child for example. However people haven't been free to use the whatever bathroom they want for many centuries so I don't think that's a big freedom to sacrifice. However if you told me that we should create a law that only allows one person in a bathroom at a time because it would reduce the number of sexual offenses taking place in a restroom I would say the cost to our freedom would be too great to justify it.

As far as homeschooling is concerned I have never thought about it. I'd never homeschool my child but I think other people should have their right to do that if they believe it's what is best for their child. Again, I support freedom generally speaking. It's why if you're going to argue that a transgender can go in any bathroom they want I call bullshit, but if you want to advocate that a business is free to make all their bathrooms gender neutral I'm all for it. Same reason I'm against smoking bans. That should be a decision left up to a business.
I don't think I disagree with you as much as most. I'm not necessarily for forced government inclusion, but I balk at North Carolina or Mississippi outlawing it under the auspices of safety. I'd pretty much prefer each store, business, etc make their own determination.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's weird how you were all "at all cost, if I can save one child" "nothing matters except for the safety of women and children." but when I bring up a christian darling like home schooling, that has been definitively linked to sexual abuse over the years you're too winded. The point is that it's never been about child safety. Not. Ever. It's been about pushing around a disenfranchised minority.
It doesn't go over well when you tell peope why they feel a certain way or what they think. Terrible strategy.

Don't be a dumbass and don't project your weird crap on me. I haven't been passionately in this argument for days. It didn't start the moment you brought up whatever because I all of the sudden got weak kneed and helplessly couldn't come up with an answer. I'm pretty sure I know what I think.

I honestly think you need to take a nap and gain some perspective. That is the precise reason why I sort of disengaged. Give it a try, it is refreshing.

townsend

Banned
It doesn't go over well when you tell peope why they feel a certain way or what they think. Terrible strategy.

Don't be a dumbass and don't project your weird crap on me. I haven't been passionately in this argument for days. It didn't start the moment you brought up whatever because I all of the sudden got weak kneed and helplessly couldn't come up with an answer. I'm pretty sure I know what I think.

I honestly think you need to take a nap and gain some perspective. That is the precise reason why I sort of disengaged. Give it a try, it is refreshing.
Actually I'm going on a run for the first time in 6 weeks today, I've had some health problems that have kept me sidelined.

I still think my point is incredibly apt. But I'll admit to being pretty amped up today

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Actually I'm going on a run for the first time in 6 weeks today, I've had some health problems that have kept me sidelined.

I still think my point is incredibly apt. But I'll admit to being pretty amped up today
Take care of that health. I've been focusing more and more on that.

/oldpeople

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like how not giving a minority group special rights is pushing them around now.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So nobody has explained how it would be more comfortable and safer in woman's restroom with a person with a full beard and that is attracted to women.

How is that better than the off chance there is a penis sighting through the crack in the stall?

Couldn't pervs have it easier by claiming to be Female To Male Trans and having free access to the ladies room?

How exactly does that work?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Sometimes, when there's no one to BOOM you, ya gotta do it yourself I suppose.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The multiple reports indicate that no transgender individual has ever been arrested for sexual misconduct in a public bathroom, while at least three Republican lawmakers have been arrested for sexual misconduct in a public bathroom.

Former U.S. Senator Larry Craig, Florida state Representative Bob Allen, and Mississippi Congressman Jon Hinson were all Republican lawmakers, and were all arrested for sexual misconduct in a public bathroom.
The article is pretty repetitive, but here's the important part.

Top Bottom