Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then you will get more years like McFadden last year. Where we can pretend our running game was actually effective.
Lol there is plenty of ground to get more then McFadden without wasting a pick on crybaby Elliott.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If we draft him, he is rookie of the year.

I am sure all of you old heads remember how right I was about Eddie George.

:unsure
Mel was fawning over him this morning. He said he doesn't advocate taking a running back in the first, but Elliott is one of the top 5 talents in this draft.

Either Mel or Riddick was saying he knocked his interviews out of the park too.

I'd actually be happy with Elliott, though I'd rather a QB or trade down. Elliott should be a stud though, so it's hard to complain about that.

Then again I also liked the George signing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mel was fawning over him this morning. He said he doesn't advocate taking a running back in the first, but Elliott is one of the top 5 talents in this draft.

Either Mel or Riddick was saying he knocked his interviews out of the park too.

I'd actually be happy with Elliott, though I'd rather a QB or trade down. Elliott should be a stud though, so it's hard to complain about that.

Then again I also liked the George signing.
Elliott is getting more and more credit for being a top shelf talent in this draft.

The fact that he is has zero to do with the relation to how RBs are supposedly fungible and everything else.

He is one of the better and more sound players in this draft whether some want to admit it or not.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Elliott is getting more and more credit for being a top shelf talent in this draft.

The fact that he is has zero to do with the relation to how RBs are supposedly fungible and everything else.

He is one of the better and more sound players in this draft whether some want to admit it or not.
Yep.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Interesting thing about Henry is if he goes in the 2nd like he seems to be projected, it'll be the 1st Heisman RB to not get drafted in the 1st round in about 30 years, when Bo Jackson was drafted in 1987. And Jackson was playing baseball so there were extenuating circumstances. Prior to Jackson I couldn't even tell you how long it was.

I don't hate Henry but I think he's a second rounder for a reason.
Yes he is 2nd rounder for a reason, that is about where his talent is valued.

But using the Heisman is pretty arbitrary, especially how RB's are now devalued.

I have no issue saying Henry is a lesser back than Gurley, Elliott and Gordon but he is better than any of the other backs taken in the 2nd last year.

And this idea that he is a plodder or just a straight line runner is just wrong and he has plenty of tape to prove it.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I agree with all of that I just think there are better talents at harder positions to fill.

With that said if he is the pick I would not be upset, it would be a very low-risk pick which is a high priority for me in this draft.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Stop it you are embarrassing yourself.

He hads TD runs over 30 yards in double digits this year.

As for eluding tackles.

And this hilarious coming from you, you know a guy who does not elude tackles?

D Murray, and you loved him.:lol
Get in the conversation. I am not talking about what he was able to get away with in college I am saying his game will not translate that we'll in the pros. Secondly Murray's running style is different. He gets small at the LOS.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
For the record, Louis Riddick was on the radio this morning. He said Elliott won't get past Dallas at 4. Said Dallas LOVES him. Compared him to Emmitt.

You're welcome, booze.
Would be interesting if he's our guy and we've just been smoke-screening. A month ago I wasn't interested in him at 4. But the more I've looked at the other non-QB's, I'm not interested in any of them at 4 and think Elliot would be the most sure thing available. Probably doesn't hurt that the Eagles have moved up to 8 and have a big interest in him too.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Get in the conversation. I am not talking about what he was able to get away with in college I am saying his game will not translate that we'll in the pros. Secondly Murray's running style is different. He gets small at the LOS.
You have given no compelling reason why his game will not translate at the next level.

Everything you said about him I have shown to be false.

Murray was not elusive and sought out guys to hit and he got 1800 hundred yards and it had nothing to do with getting small at the line of scrimage.

Murray running style is not much different you just cannot bring yourself to acknowledge his issues.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would be interesting if he's our guy and we've just been smoke-screening. A month ago I wasn't interested in him at 4. But the more I've looked at the other non-QB's, I'm not interested in any of them at 4 and think Elliot would be the most sure thing available. Probably doesn't hurt that the Eagles have moved up to 8 and have a big interest in him too.
I highly doubt we sign Morris if we had any interest at him at four.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You have given no compelling reason why his game will not translate at the next level.

Everything you said about him I have shown to be false.

Murray was not elusive and sought out guys to hit and he got 1800 hundred yards and it had nothing to do with getting small at the line of scrimage.

Murray running style is not much different you just cannot bring yourself to acknowledge his issues.
I don't have to prove an opinion. Your are foolish to attack an opinion that has yet to be determined. I have seen enough of Murray to know his running style differs from Henry. Murray holds some records to prove a point. Murray hit guys in the open field more so than the LOS.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't have to prove an opinion. Your are foolish to attack an opinion that has yet to be determined. I have seen enough of Murray to know his running style differs from Henry. Murray holds some records to prove a point. Murray hit guys in the open field more so than the LOS.
You have been pretty definitive in your statements about what he could and could not do at the next level, so yeah I disputed that.

I have seen them both run as well and judging your statements you have not seen enough of Henry and the scouting reports agree with me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You have been pretty definitive in your statements about what he could and could not do at the next level, so yeah I disputed that.

I have seen them both run as well and judging your statements you have not seen enough of Henry and the scouting reports agree with me.
I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with my opinions. I just prefer to not see them act like I insulted their mama. Differing opinions are the backbone of this board. Just state your position and dispense with the disparaging innuendo.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with my opinions. I just prefer to not see them act like I insulted their mama. Differing opinions are the backbone of this board. Just state your position and dispense with the disparaging innuendo.
Oh for fuck sakes.

Stop clutching your pearls.

I said nothing to you I don't say to CRock whenever we disagree.

In case you had not noticed this place was built on disparaging innuendo.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think Elliott is absolutely the best pick at 4 by far if we are serious at winning a Super Bowl before Romo completely falls apart.

I'm on the bandwagon for him as our first pick now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For the record, I think if there was a Thunderdome match between L.T. and Jiggy, the old man wins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Elliott is absolutely the best pick at 4 by far if we are serious at winning a Super Bowl before Romo completely falls apart.

I'm on the bandwagon for him as our first pick now.
Well fuck. I may have to rethink my stance.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh for fuck sakes.

Stop clutching your pearls.

I said nothing to you I don't say to CRock whenever we disagree.

In case you had not noticed this place was built on disparaging innuendo.
Perfect example of what I am talking about. Can you not just have a conversation? Disparaging is for immature children who haven't learned better yet. What grade do you teach?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The problem with the Elliot thing is that we clearly aren't willing to pay RBs or we would have signed Lamar Miller who got a very reasonable deal and has no mileage on him.

So I just don't know if we'll even pony up to try to resign Elliot. Is that what you want to already assume is going to happen with your fourth overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom