Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 2 | Cowboys v Titans| 09/14/14

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Shitcan Dunbar, call up Williams. Keep hammering the run with Murray/Williams/Randle. Over and over and over. Pass just enough to keep 'em honest. Take the occasional shot. Defense stays on the sideline.

Profit.
Shitcan the FB first. Keep all 4 RBs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we hit on Lawrence I think we could have a solid pair of 4-3 starting DE's between him and Crawford.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Crawford has a ways to go. I'll be happy if he becomes a quality rotational player at this point, before I start penciling him in as a future long term starter.

Defensive end is almost certainly going to be in the top three of positions I'm targeting in the first round next year, along with DT and QB.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
John McClain is looking like a keeper. Move Lee to weak side if he ever plays again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Crawford has a ways to go. I'll be happy if he becomes a quality rotational player at this point, before I start penciling him in as a future long term starter.

Defensive end is almost certainly going to be in the top three of positions I'm targeting in the first round next year, along with DT and QB.
Yea I'd look at DE early on of course too because being able to bring waves of pass rushers is a huge asset, but Crawford has shown some decent push rushing the passer and he's solid against the run. Part of me saying this is projecting that he will continue to improve since it's only his 2nd game back, but if we upgrade at DT and end up starting him and Lawrence next season I wouldn't complain.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Not a surprise. His style just isn't suitable for the pro competition. In addition guys like him cannot mentally adapt to the changes that are required to survive the game at that level. It is a shame for him but he has seen his best days.
racist :art

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Awesome TD catch by Antonio Gates.

He's having a big day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McClain looks like a keeper its been a long time since we had a LB as consistently physical as him, and Crawford has shown some flash as a pass rusher, I can see him as the fulltime starter at RE moving forward.
McClain has really impressed me. For a guy his size he runs really well out there. I really hope he keeps his head on straight because that could be a huge pickup for this defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As for Romo, I'm thinking this guy is done. He's inaccurate, doesn't move in the pocket like he used to at all and he doesn't seem to be getting anything on his throws. I have no clue if this will improve or not but if it doesn't, he's certainly done.
I thought he got a lot better as the game went on. What is most concerning about Romo is the amount of unnecessary sacks he is taking. He just isn't moving well in the pocket and he is holding the ball too long. I'm hoping he can go back to pimp mode but right now I'm certainly concerned.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Romo doesn't even try to buy time anymore. As soon as he feels a little pressure he lays down. It's really quite pathetic.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Shitcan Dunbar, call up Williams. Keep hammering the run with Murray/Williams/Randle. Over and over and over. Pass just enough to keep 'em honest. Take the occasional shot. Defense stays on the sideline.

Profit.
Dunbar has only one chance to be effective and that is when he is in open space. Problem is open space is rare. He is just to light in the pants to be a RB.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo doesn't even try to buy time anymore. As soon as he feels a little pressure he lays down. It's really quite pathetic.
I guess he thinks this is the best way to survive with his back condition.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So, does RGIII dust off his "All in for Week 1" program.....the 2015 edition?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, McClain has been awesome. Pro Scouting Department comes through again.

I really doubted that would amount to anything.

Top Bottom