Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Chargers| - 8/7/14

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I've lost the feed. I'm on the Giants/Bills game now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We were missing about 5-6 starters on defense but you can just tell how absolute shit the defensive talent is on just about every level of the defense. We are going to need several things to go right to have even just an average defense, namely Melton will have to bounce back to Pro Bowl form, Selvie will have to repeat what he did last year, Lawrence will have to give us about 5-6 sacks, Crawford will have to break out, Wilcox will have to be an average starting safety at least and Spencer will have to come back to give us rotational snaps.

The chances of all that happening are about 0.0%

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hitchens, Dixon and Coleman flashed a few times so I guess that's something.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This DL is pretty shitty.

Our biggest hope is getting practically an entire new starting DL back in week 6 or so, with Lawrence, Spencer, and Brent all returning to quality starting roles at that time (coming off pup or suspension at that time).

I didn't pay attention to individual OLs tonite but I thought the starting line looked like it got a pretty impressive push.

Weeden looked robotic. Maybe that's why Garrett likes him. I doubt he'll be as good as Orton was.

Terrance Mitchell seemed to draw a lot of flags. Too bad, I was hoping he'd emerge as a steal early on, maybe he still will.

Last edited:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Did I hear right that Matt Johnson did not play because he was injured again (or is it still)?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
its legitimately scary how bad the defensive line looks, whether its backups or not
There is very little talent there.

Come on. We have Broaddus and Spags on that stupid radio show every day telling us that Martez Wilson and Caesar Rayford are showing flashes and might see serious minutes.

These guys are turds. They don't belong on NFL rosters.

The guys they are counting on to start -- Hayden, Crawford, Selvie, Terrell McClain -- would be decent backups elsewhere. Maybe. It's a shit show.

The DL is where the OL was a couple years back. It's completely bottom of the barrel. At least last year we went into the year with Ware, Spencer, Ratliff, etc. That was equivalent to going into the year with an aging Colombo, Davis, Kosier, etc.

Then the older vets had the wheels fall off and there is nothing behind them. Time for a 2-3 year period of investing high picks along the line.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we were healthy at DE I wouldn't feel too bad about what we have with Lawrence, Selvie, Crawford and Mincey, but DT is a complete shit show, it's basically Melton and nothing. Who the hell knows how accurate this offseason nonsense about McClain was but I'm guessing it's all bullshit.

data

Forbes #1
Demarcus Ware with his first sack. Denver vs Seattle.

Funny thing, I think I remember Ware's first sack as a Cowboy was against Seattle in preseason, too

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Might as well just start watching videos of Leonard Williams, Mario Edwards Jr. and Michael Bennett now.

Top Bottom