2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Way to put up some resistance there, guys.

:doh

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And yet again, a chance to win the game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What.A.Game.

Best college football victory since we beat Nebraska to get to the NC game in 2009.

Swoopes sucks as a QB, but he has a place on the team as an athlete and he was huge for us tonight. What a great great win.

Hook'em!

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Longhorn players of the game:

Beuchelle
Freeman
Malik Jefferson
Swoopes

Tony D

DCC 4Life
booze was right when ND hired Van Gorder as DC a few years ago. He sucks. Defense gets worse each year under him. He gone after this year...or maybe before.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Without Swoopes the Longhorns lose this game. The running game with Buechler at the helm is ineffective. Makes you wonder about the strength of the OL. Swoopes get the advantage of an extra blocker.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
booze was right when ND hired Van Gorder as DC a few years ago. He sucks. Defense gets worse each year under him. He gone after this year...or maybe before.
Yep. At least the first couple of seasons the defense started off decent before fading but last night was awful. It was stupid of Kelly to keep swapping QBs too because it was clear early on that UT was not going to let Zaire beat them with his legs like last year.

One nit: No way in hell was that hit on Hunter in the EZ not targeting, helmet to helmet at the very least. Losing him was a game changer.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yep. At least the first couple of seasons the defense started off decent before fading but last night was awful. It was stupid of Kelly to keep swapping QBs too because it was clear early on that UT was not going to let Zaire beat them with his legs like last year.

One nit: No way in hell was that hit on Hunter in the EZ not targeting, helmet to helmet at the very least. Losing him was a game changer.
I said the same thing to Ace.

Kelly shot himself in the foot by alternating QBs. Zaire was completely ineffective but it seemed like almost every drive that Kizer led resulted in points or at least a few 1st downs.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I said the same thing to Ace.

Kelly shot himself in the foot by alternating QBs. Zaire was completely ineffective but it seemed like almost every drive that Kizer led resulted in points or at least a few 1st downs.
Kelly shot himself in the foot last year after Zaire went down when he told both Zaire and his parents that it was still his job, probably not anticipating how well Kizer would come in and perform.

When it comes to Zaire, he's basically run first, pass second. While UT was young and unprepared because of the lack of film on Zaire last year, they were ready for him last night. Someone from UT said all they really had to do was load the box against him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First big time throw I have seen from Kelly all night.

Not convinced he is an elite QB prospect.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
FSU doesn't even look equipped to compete. Pretty sad honestly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But he is Jim Kelly's nephew, genetics!!!!
He does get some unnecessary mileage out of that.

He has attitude problems. But since his uncle is notorious for insulting other people's nephews, perhaps he got the wrong upbringing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, shit.

I went off and was doing laundry and putting the kids to bed and FSU came back.

Fuckers.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I heard about this Tweet on Mike & Mike. Pretty funny and accurate.

Les Miles and Bob Stoops have worn out their welcome at their respective schools. I think LSU & OU would be much better off seeking out new head coaches. Both schools have hit a rut.....good enough to remain relevant but not good enough to win it all.

It's a definitely a risky proposition as we've seen teams take a nose dive after making the change (Tennessee after Fulmer, Michigan after Carr, etc.), but we've also seen schools improve after ridding themselves of coaches who've hit a rut.

I'd rather take that risk than keep status quo.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Good to see that Kingsbury has his priorities right because Monday Night RAW is what you get paid to do.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Great win Sunday night, but #11?

I don't think so.

I think an 18-20 rank would be more appropriate.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
As awful as the Louisville WRs have been, this has been a really fun game. Lamar Jackson is 4 rushing yards away from being the first player in college football history to pass for 400 and rush for 200 in the same game.

...and the 4th quarter is just about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom