Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Dolphins v Cowboys | 8/19/2016

dallen

Senior Tech
Seriously, though. Anyone know of a place I can stream a recording yet? PM me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Seriously, though. Anyone know of a place I can stream a recording yet? PM me.
Do you have NFLN? They are re-airing the game at 1PM EST today.

If you don't have NFLN you can sign up for a 7 day free trial of NFL Game Pass on NFL.com. https://www.nfl.com/gamepass

With NFL Game Pass you can stream live games and watch replays.

Just remember to cancel.

dallen

Senior Tech
Do you have NFLN? They are re-airing the game at 1PM EST today.

If you don't have NFLN you can sign up for a 7 day free trial of NFL Game Pass on NFL.com. https://www.nfl.com/gamepass

With NFL Game Pass you can stream live games and watch replays.

Just remember to cancel.
I have Playstation Vue. They are supposed to be adding NFLN sometime before the season, but not yet. Starting to piss me off

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I know we have already talked about how awesome Prescott is but lets also talk about some other guys who stood out.

Bryce Butler? The guy had a crazy good game. And it would have been even better if not for the questionable push off call. He still managed 74 yards and a TD without that play. He showed great hands and speed by coming up with both big plays and tough catches. He at least has me wondering if he wouldn't be the better option as a number 2 WR in this offense.

Alfred Morris? Jeez, if we didn't draft Zeke I'd probably be predicting that this guy has a 1,500 yard season. Reminds me of last preseason watching Doug Martin and just knowing he was in for a big year. Morris looks that good. It's crazy how much our RB situation has changed from one season to the next. It finally feels like this offense is not only stacked at the starter positions but that our depth is stacked as well. Sure maybe our backup tackles aren't good. I think Chaz played the whole game. I watched him a few times and on one play he would look super athletic and perfect. And then the next he would just totally blow the block. I'm hoping it is just sort of him adjusting to LT in the NFL. The potential looks to be there.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think Chaz played the whole game. I watched him a few times and on one play he would look super athletic and perfect. And then the next he would just totally blow the block. I'm hoping it is just sort of him adjusting to LT in the NFL. The potential looks to be there.
All night it looked like he was picking his feet up out of mud when breaking his stance. At one point to get more space between himself and the defender he failed to lined up on the LOS.

He might be best suited to RT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All night it looked like he was picking his feet up out of mud when breaking his stance. At one point to get more space between himself and the defender he failed to lined up on the LOS.

He might be best suited to RT.
I'm rewatching it right now, but I think his conditioning is just subpar. He literally gets way worse as the game goes on.

I was wondering that about RT though. I think that's where he played mostly in college. The transition from RT to LT can take some time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brewster or Hegamin, part II
He isn't that bad. I mean if you watch when Romo played and the Dolphins had their starting D-line out there, Green didn't do anything bad. He actually has decent power too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have Playstation Vue. They are supposed to be adding NFLN sometime before the season, but not yet. Starting to piss me off
Don't know of a stream of the whole game yet but here's this

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also Russel had an awesome pass rush from the RE spot on his penalty. I mean he was past the LT before he even moved. Unfortunately Tanny threw the ball the second he caught it and Russel went too high.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think Williams will hold his position as #2 for this season but if he loses his concentration like hes done in the past I can see him losing more snaps. Its a contract year so he will probably be on his game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Williams will hold his position as #2 for this season but if he loses his concentration like hes done in the past I can see him losing more snaps. Its a contract year so he will probably be on his game.
Butler just looks a little faster, a little bigger and has better hands. I rewatched his "pushoff" just now and it was a damn joke. The defender was actually holding him and he did a great job getting away from it without pushing off. I really like what I saw from Butler in this game. I wouldn't be against giving him a cheap little extension if we could pull it off.

Rev

Staff member
Butler just looks a little faster, a little bigger and has better hands. I rewatched his "pushoff" just now and it was a damn joke. The defender was actually holding him and he did a great job getting away from it without pushing off. I really like what I saw from Butler in this game. I wouldn't be against giving him a cheap little extension if we could pull it off.

Just going by the usual way they do things and its going to be real hard for Butler to usurp Williams right off the bat.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Williams is up this year but we have Butler for another past this one before he is an UFA.
I thought they were both free agents after this year. This is Butler's fourth season in the NFL.

Rev

Staff member
I thought they were both free agents after this year. This is Butler's fourth season in the NFL.
You got me before I finished the edit. The place I looked at had it written weird so it actually looked like he had another year. Went back and rechecked and yes both are UFA at the end of this season.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Just going by the usual way they do things and its going to be real hard for Butler to usurp Williams right off the bat.
Wouldn't it be nice if players actually earned time because of their play on the field rather than because they are the longer term person on the team.

dallen

Senior Tech
Finally found a stream on youtube. Made it up to Dak's first TD run so far. Holy heck do these officials like calling penalties.

dallen

Senior Tech
If anyone is looking for it here it is. Who knows how long it will stay up

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You got me before I finished the edit. The place I looked at had it written weird so it actually looked like he had another year. Went back and rechecked and yes both are UFA at the end of this season.
That's why I said I wouldn't be against a cheap extension on Butler. No way they both return next year and Butler would certainly be cheaper. I think he has better upside then Williams but I like both of them as the number 2 WR in this offense. Just not a spot I'd want to spend big bucks.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
so the NFL lets you embed their HD vids, but not watch the vids on the sites where you embedded them. brilliant.

Top Bottom