2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Murray had a 71 yard TD tonight.

I think he's going to have a really good season and show that talk of his demise was very premature.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He takes some big time hits because of his questionable pocket awareness/ability to manipulate the pocket. He took some huge ones at NDSU and has a tendency to kind of jump into the hits where his whole body is off the ground.

Did the same thing the other night and this is what you get being in the NFL as opposed to bumfuck North Dakota.
:lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I think he's going to have a really good season and show that talk of his demise was very premature.
The Titans will be smart enough to draft up a running game that plays to his strengths.

Whereas when he was in Philly it appeared that Chip Kelly was hell bent on fitting that square peg into the round hole.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Titans will be smart enough to draft up a running game that plays to his strengths.

Whereas when he was in Philly it appeared that Chip Kelly was hell bent on fitting that square peg into the round hole.
That's correct. Murray runs his best getting the ball near the LOS.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Not to be too much of a downer but he had a massive hole. The guy wasn't touch until he was like 40 yards into the run. He read his blocks well on that play but I don't know that it gives significant evidence that he will have a big year.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So many players getting hurt that I wanted. I guess sometimes things do work out for the best.

~realizes our second round pick may never play at a high level again~

:budd

Cotton

Staff member
Rankins out 6-8 weeks with a broken fibula.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wow.

That's very unprofessional and he wonders why the guy does not want to talk to him.

Cotton

Staff member
49ers To Sign Christian Ponder
August 16th, 2016 at 2:56pm CST by Zach Links

The 49ers have agreed to sign quarterback Christian Ponder, according to Josina Anderson of ESPN.com (on Twitter). Christian Ponder (vertical)

Ponder was a part of the same 2011 draft class as Blaine Gabbert and Colin Kaepernick. Oddly enough, they’ve all wound up on the same team.

The Niners found themselves in need of QB help as Thad Lewis is IR-bound and Kaepernick is said to be dealing with arm trouble. While some teams (like the Cowboys) have considered veteran trade targets at QB like Josh McCown, the 49ers opted to go with a low-cost free agent signing in Ponder.

Ponder, 28, started 36 games during his four years with the Vikings, though he was essentially the team’s No. 3 signal-caller in 2014, behind Teddy Bridgewater and Matt Cassel on the depth chart. With a career 59.8% completion rate and 75.9 passer rating, Ponder didn’t find a very active market when he hit free agency last offseason. He signed with the Raiders, but was released by Oakland prior to the regular season. During the season, he had a cup of coffee with the Broncos but never threw a pass for them.

The Bengals were tied to Ponder in December, but we haven’t heard any team linked with him since. Now, Ponder will try to get his NFL career back on track with the 49ers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bills confirm Dareus suspension, issue blistering statement

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 16, 2016, 4:17 PM EDT

The Buffalo Bills have confirmed that defensive tackle Marcell Dareus is suspended for the first four games of the season. And unlike some teams that issue statements of support for suspended players, the Bills have ripped Dareus in a statement on the team’s website.

“We are very disappointed Marcell chose to put himself first, before his teammates, coaches and the rest of the organization through his recent actions,” the Bills say in their statement. “From ownership down we have made it clear his behavior is unacceptable. We will continue to take the necessary steps to work with him in order that he adheres to the policies set forth by our league. As an organization, we will move forward with our preparations for the start of the 2016 NFL season in Baltimore on September 11.”

Dareus’s four-game suspension is for violating the league’s policy on substances of abuse, although there has been no word on what, specifically, Dareus did to trigger the suspension.

This is the second year in a row the Bills have had to start the season without Dareus; he was suspended for the first game of the 2015 season after he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
--------------

Several points...

1) Props to the Bills. I appreciate the fact they shamed Dareus. Screw coddling players that clearly eff up and screw the team.

2) Dareus is gone for four games, Lawson is suspended for another. Rex Ryan's D is going to suck so hard.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Bills confirm Dareus suspension, issue blistering statement

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 16, 2016, 4:17 PM EDT

The Buffalo Bills have confirmed that defensive tackle Marcell Dareus is suspended for the first four games of the season. And unlike some teams that issue statements of support for suspended players, the Bills have ripped Dareus in a statement on the team’s website.

“We are very disappointed Marcell chose to put himself first, before his teammates, coaches and the rest of the organization through his recent actions,” the Bills say in their statement. “From ownership down we have made it clear his behavior is unacceptable. We will continue to take the necessary steps to work with him in order that he adheres to the policies set forth by our league. As an organization, we will move forward with our preparations for the start of the 2016 NFL season in Baltimore on September 11.”

Dareus’s four-game suspension is for violating the league’s policy on substances of abuse, although there has been no word on what, specifically, Dareus did to trigger the suspension.

This is the second year in a row the Bills have had to start the season without Dareus; he was suspended for the first game of the 2015 season after he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
--------------

Several points...

1) Props to the Bills. I appreciate the fact they shamed Dareus. Screw coddling players that clearly eff up and screw the team.

2) Dareus is gone for four games, Lawson is suspended for another. Rex Ryan's D is going to suck so hard.
I'm surprised we haven't tried to trade for him yet.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member

Complete BS that he gets his suspension reduced and D-Law doesn't. Blatant favoritism by the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom