Carl

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Sorry to hear...he seemed like a real good guy and brought a unique perspective here. RIP!

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
RIP.
He brought a little European class and humor to this joint. Very little mind you, being Irish, but every little bit helps.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Very sad to hear the news. Good guy from what I remember in our conversations. Hate hearing things like this. RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hey guys, talked to him a while back. He was struggling mightily with alcoholism. He fried his liver and basically gave up that he could recover. Really great guy. I feel really bad for him as someone who has struggled with addiction myself.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
He was always an eloquent dude and very polite in the few interactions I had with him in PM.

It sounds like he was ill, so I hope that now at least his soul can find some rest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hey guys, talked to him a while back. He was struggling mightily with alcoholism. He fried his liver and basically gave up that he could recover. Really great guy. I feel really bad for him as someone who has struggled with addiction myself.
Yeah, I thought his health had took a turn for the better, he got a new job about a year or so ago and also got engaged. Just sad.

He along with Chief (some of you might remember him as well) were mainstays when I first got into Cowboy message boards back around 1997 or so. Both guys instantly impressed me as good folks.

As recently as March, he asked me how the Charlotte market was for real estate and living and it sounds like he was planning his life.

He was smart and eloquent, can't describe him any other way.

I know we are fart around these boards and forget about real life.

But we have lost Rant and now Carl.

We have all been doing this dumb shit together for a long time now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I thought his health had took a turn for the better, he got a new job about a year or so ago and also got engaged. Just sad.

He along with Chief (some of you might remember him as well) were mainstays when I first got into Cowboy message boards back around 1997 or so. Both guys instantly impressed me as good folks.

As recently as March, he asked me how the Charlotte market was for real estate and living and it sounds like he was planning his life.

He was smart and eloquent, can't describe him any other way.

I know we are fart around these boards and forget about real life.

But we have lost Rant and now Carl.

We have all been doing this dumb shit together for a long time now.
It really sucks that we have lost two of our friends, but it's kinda cool on a crazy level that we have all been together so long for it to actually hurt. I know it sounds morbid, but in internet terms, for a group to stay together for 12 years and stay relatively intact is insane. Especially given the issues we have had as far as staying online.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I also seem to recall that he had a head injury recently. He didn't elaborate but he hinted he might not survive it.

GShock

DCC 4Life
46 is way too young. RIP, Carl.

These rest of you take care of yourselves. These threads suck.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It really sucks that we have lost two of our friends, but it's kinda cool on a crazy level that we have all been together so long for it to actually hurt. I know it sounds morbid, but in internet terms, for a group to stay together for 12 years and stay relatively intact is insane. Especially given the issues we have had as far as staying online.
With Rant it's 3.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Jesus Christ.

RIP, kind sir.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
With Rant it's 3.
Mike's death really fucked with me for a good while. TexasAce and I knew him before he came to this board, and the way he died was really shitty.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mike's death really fucked with me for a good while. TexasAce and I knew him before he came to this board, and the way he died was really shitty.
I don't believe Chief died. Pretty sure Chief is the one that told Booze about Carl.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Rest in Peace, Carl.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Damn. I haven't been around for a few days and missed this. Rest in peace Carl, prayers to your loved ones and friends.

I'm older than he was and this is why I don't take one freaking day for granted. My life isn't perfect but I frequently read about someone younger than I that has passed and that's why I'm grateful just to wake up every day.

Top Bottom