2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dude, did you read the article? It was full of facts. Do dispute those facts? Obviously you didn't like the title but the article wasn't false. Plus it was funny.
Facts that disputed the very argument he was making.

Funny?

If you say so.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] the discussion is not as cut and dried as you think.

Fox Sports analysts Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel were joined by CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd to discuss Big 12 expansion on the most recent edition of The Audible.

The trio discussed Texas' and Oklahoma's roles in the conference's expansion. Dodd said the Longhorns and Sooners are likely looking for "greener pastures."

"I think Texas and Oklahoma are will be gone [from the Big 12], and there will be an entity, perhaps named the Big 12, with [UCF, BYU, and/or Cincinnati] in it," Dodd said. "I think clearly Texas and Oklahoma have their eyes on greener pastures. I talked to an Oklahoma person this week, he gave a little detail on they were 30 minutes away from going to the Pac-12 in 2010. Actually very close both times in 2010 and 2011.

"Basically Texas scuttled that by agreeing to stay in the league. He told me that they were working on trying to get Notre Dame to the Big 12, not now but at one time. Oklahoma was working to get that. I think they're both gone as soon as this media rights deal ends just for greener pastures."

Dodd on Texas' influence on Big 12 expansion:
"It almost seems like Texas has lost a little bit of its swagger just because of their lack of success on the football field lately. No one really knows how they feel about this, but what we're talking about, they haven't been able to to tip their hand from what I've been able to see. But they're going to doggedly defend the Longhorn Network. Somehow they're going to end up out of this making $15 million a year from ESPN. Now if that means divesting the network into some sort of Big 12 network out of Austin, they're going to get paid. I think the only question if that happens is that they have to save face and it has to be like their idea. But that is the 800-pound elephant in the room. I don't know if it is so much with expansion. But it certainly is with the conference network."

Dodd on where Texas and Oklahoma end up:
"I don't think right now Texas would go the SEC because I don't think their board [of regents] would allow them - Texas views itself academically a little bit different - so I don't think that would happen, right now. It may change in eight years or six years, but I don't know what the landscape is going to look like. There is something to be said for being in a league you think you could win. I think Oklahoma would go to the SEC. But how competitive or how hard is it going to be to win that league? I think both of them might be in play for the Pac-12 again. Clearly with all this money, geography is not an issue ... They could end up in the Pac-12. Texas to the Big 10, I could easily see - Oklahoma may be a little less. But those are two name brands for any conference."

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Facts that disputed the very argument he was making.

Funny?

If you say so.
The title was click bait like just about every other article written. If I find entertainment out of it why does that bother you?

You argument is underachieving...how fitting.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The title was click bait like just about every other article written. If I find entertainment out of it why does that bother you?

You argument is underachieving...how fitting.
You posted it like it had some merit or was making some great point, why get annoyed when I questioned its purpose?

I have no issue with some good trash talk or even about the criticism Sumlin deserves but that article was just plain booty.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You posted it like it had some merit or was making some great point, why get annoyed when I questioned its purpose?

I have no issue with some good trash talk or even about the criticism Sumlin deserves but that article was just plain booty.

How does one post like something has merit? Does it depend on how hard I press the enter button or is there something else that I did? So you ever think before you post?

Also, we have already verified that the article had a load of truth in it. Is there something about the article that you dispute?

Jiggyfly

Banned
How does one post like something has merit? Does it depend on how hard I press the enter button or is there something else that I did? So you ever think before you post?

Also, we have already verified that the article had a load of truth in it. Is there something about the article that you dispute?
What?

The content of the article should have merit or at least be funny.

What are the facts that equate A&M to the Kardashians?

Being 1 game behind the win total of LSU or being ahead of Florida and Tenn in wins over 4 years?

That is some pretty good company IMO.

It was shit article and by looking around a bit a lot of people feel the same about the author.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What?

The content of the article should have merit or at least be funny.

What are the facts that equate A&M to the Kardashians?

Being 1 game behind the win total of LSU or being ahead of Florida and Tenn in wins over 4 years?

That is some pretty good company IMO.

It was shit article and by looking around a bit a lot of people feel the same about the author.
You know what was the funniest thing about the article? The fact that it got a rise out of you. I swear you are one giant button that everyone easily pushes.

D

Deuce

@Deuce the discussion is not as cut and dried as you think.

Fox Sports analysts Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel were joined by CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd to discuss Big 12 expansion on the most recent edition of The Audible.

The trio discussed Texas' and Oklahoma's roles in the conference's expansion. Dodd said the Longhorns and Sooners are likely looking for "greener pastures."

"I think Texas and Oklahoma are will be gone [from the Big 12], and there will be an entity, perhaps named the Big 12, with [UCF, BYU, and/or Cincinnati] in it," Dodd said. "I think clearly Texas and Oklahoma have their eyes on greener pastures. I talked to an Oklahoma person this week, he gave a little detail on they were 30 minutes away from going to the Pac-12 in 2010. Actually very close both times in 2010 and 2011.

"Basically Texas scuttled that by agreeing to stay in the league. He told me that they were working on trying to get Notre Dame to the Big 12, not now but at one time. Oklahoma was working to get that. I think they're both gone as soon as this media rights deal ends just for greener pastures."

"It almost seems like Texas has lost a little bit of its swagger just because of their lack of success on the football field lately. No one really knows how they feel about this, but what we're talking about, they haven't been able to to tip their hand from what I've been able to see. But they're going to doggedly defend the Longhorn Network. Somehow they're going to end up out of this making $15 million a year from ESPN. Now if that means divesting the network into some sort of Big 12 network out of Austin, they're going to get paid. I think the only question if that happens is that they have to save face and it has to be like their idea. But that is the 800-pound elephant in the room. I don't know if it is so much with expansion. But it certainly is with the conference network."

"I don't think right now Texas would go the SEC because I don't think their board [of regents] would allow them - Texas views itself academically a little bit different - so I don't think that would happen, right now. It may change in eight years or six years, but I don't know what the landscape is going to look like. There is something to be said for being in a league you think you could win. I think Oklahoma would go to the SEC. But how competitive or how hard is it going to be to win that league? I think both of them might be in play for the Pac-12 again. Clearly with all this money, geography is not an issue ... They could end up in the Pac-12. Texas to the Big 10, I could easily see - Oklahoma may be a little less. But those are two name brands for any conference."
If both are hell bent on leaving, but everyone else stays than I think there's still a solid conference to be had. Not elite and basically the lowest end of P5 like the Big East used to be view, but still solid with a lot of solid programs.

The only possibility would be scrapping the Big 12 and going to 4 16 team conferences.

Either way, I like our chances of getting in somewhere.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You know what was the funniest thing about the article? The fact that it got a rise out of you. I swear you are one giant button that everyone easily pushes.
Rise?

Yeah my response was just me foaming at the mouth.:lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If both are hell bent on leaving, but everyone else stays than I think there's still a solid conference to be had. Not elite and basically the lowest end of P5 like the Big East used to be view, but still solid with a lot of solid programs.

The only possibility would be scrapping the Big 12 and going to 4 16 team conferences.

Either way, I like our chances of getting in somewhere.
UCF is a good candidate IMO. I like the potential.

I still don't like the situation though. Texas was a real bastard for doing what they've done. They can comfortably ride it out even until 2025 when the contracts are up. Nobody else has the stability to do that, so they hold the cards.

D

Deuce

UCF is a good candidate IMO. I like the potential.

I still don't like the situation though. Texas was a real bastard for doing what they've done. They can comfortably ride it out even until 2025 when the contracts are up. Nobody else has the stability to do that, so they hold the cards.
I wouldn't either. This reminds me of the Big East nonsense from 5 and 6 years ago. They had agreements to expand while still having WVU and TCU in the fold and some of the presidents (like that tranny Judy Genshaft) tried to stall because she didn't want UCF in and they thought they could milk ESPN for more money after the Pac 12 hit their jackpot. Then they lost 2 elite programs and settled for peanuts in their media rights deal.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wouldn't either. This reminds me of the Big East nonsense from 5 and 6 years ago. They had agreements to expand while still having WVU and TCU in the fold and some of the presidents (like that tranny Judy Genshaft) tried to stall because she didn't want UCF in and they thought they could milk ESPN for more money after the Pac 12 hit their jackpot. Then they lost 2 elite programs and settled for peanuts in their media rights deal.
The thing that really pisses me off is that Texas can do whatever they want. They could be independent but they don't have to as long as everyone is their bitch. That's why I love watching them lose. Fart stain jack wagons.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] the discussion is not as cut and dried as you think.

This misses the fact that the Oklahoma legislature won't let OU leave OSU behind. OU needs to find a conference willing to take OSU's terrible academics, which probably means the SEC since the PAC and Big 10 Conferences prefer higher academic standards.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The thing that really pisses me off is that Texas can do whatever they want. They could be independent but they don't have to as long as everyone is their bitch. That's why I love watching them lose. Fart stain jack wagons.
Pretty much exactly how I feel about UT.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They're the Bruce Jenner of college football

They used to be good at sports. They're on a channel that no one cares about. And ESPN still pumps them up as being important.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They're the Bruce Jenner of college football

They used to be good at sports. They're on a channel that no one cares about. And ESPN still pumps them up as being important.
As much as I hate the Aggies they made the smart move. You got out at the right time and went to the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom