Point/Counterpoint: What should we do with our first pick?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Beckham, Ellington, Huff, Gallon...those guys interest me most. Archer just on pure speed, but I don't honestly know much about him except that he is fast.
Archer is like McCluster. Not really a WR.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a real mancrush on Ellington and he won't cost a first.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All in all, Evans won't be around at our pick anyways, so this is a pointless debate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cooks I like too, but I think he and Beckham may go in the first and I don’t want to do that.
I'd be very surprised if either makes it out of the first. I think both of their 40 times locked up their spots in the first round. Cooks especially.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Gallon is underrated...he had shitty QBs at Mich, but I think he is on par with Ellington and would be a lower pick. These types have big value now...McCluster is an example of that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez Bryant is a playmaker who transcends being just a #1 WR. He has the potential to be a ROH/HOF kind of player. Having two of him would be amazing.

While booze is right that you generally seek complementary styles, a chance to get Bryant's kind of talent couldn't be passed up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dez Bryant is a playmaker who transcends being just a #1 WR. He has the potential to be a ROH/HOF kind of player. Having two of him would be amazing.

While booze is right that you generally seek complementary styles, a chance to get Bryant's kind of talent couldn't be passed up.
Correct. You'd need four defenders just against those two WRs. Great mismatch in our favor.

If he's not there, I'm certainly ok looking for a guy like Ellington or Huff later.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Correct. You'd need four defenders just against those two WRs. Great mismatch in our favor.
If we had a head coach or OC like Sean Payton that could work. Garrett wouldn't know how to use them because he doesn't know how to adjust his playbook.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If we had a head coach or OC like Sean Payton that could work. Garrett wouldn't know how to use them because he doesn't know how to adjust his playbook.
You shouldn't draft for Garrett's limitations since he'd be replaced as soon as an elite head coach comes available.

It's why the GM should be separate from the coach.

You get the next guy in here and maybe he can do wonders with two WRs like that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You shouldn't draft for Garrett's limitations since he'd be replaced as soon as an elite head coach comes available.

It's why the GM should be separate from the coach.

You get the next guy in here and maybe he can do wonders with two WRs like that.
Probably not since the only thing that can get Garrett fired is a season where Romo is too hurt to carry his bullshit offense to "entertaining" levels of mediocrity. Then we'll have Brandon Weeden throwing to those guys.

Top Bottom