Archer: Higher hopes for Cowboys' Crawford

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You said the same about Bowen and Hatcher, nobody should take your evaluation seriously.:lol
Bowen and Hatcher weren't starters on the 32nd ranked defense, for one thing.

Secondly, actually everyone agreed at one time that Hatcher was a bust, that was not my thing any more than it was Booze's.

Thirdly, no one should take you seriously on anything, ever.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh, and fourthly, I still wouldn't want the great Stephen Bowen starting at DT on this team either. If he were here right now, he would have been a starting DT, but he'd remain on the "to be replaced" list, btw, just like Selvie. A player who is better as a backup.

He had one decent season in Washington. That's it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Bowen and Hatcher weren't starters on the 32nd ranked defense, for one thing.

Secondly, actually everyone agreed at one time that Hatcher was a bust, that was not my thing any more than it was Booze's.

Thirdly, no one should take you seriously on anything, ever.
So let me get this straight using your logic the whole defense needs replacing because they all played on the 32nd ranked defense.:shrug

Nobody ever said Hatcher was a bust he was 3rd round draft pick so lets stop making shit up.

You want to tell us all again how Spears was a elite run stopper.:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So let me get this straight using your logic the whole defense needs replacing because they all played on the 32nd ranked defense.:shrug

Nobody ever said Hatcher was a bust he was 3rd round draft pick so lets stop making shit up.

If Selvie was a former first round pick of Parcells we would be hearing about what a force he is against the run and what a great young player he is. Since there is minimal investment the player is now horrific.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Also, Ben Bass returning will be like getting a free 1st rounder.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So let me get this straight using your logic the whole defense needs replacing because they all played on the 32nd ranked defense.
No, that's not my logic. At this stage I'd be surprised if you ever managed to get the point correctly on the first try.

That is not true, Booze I know for sure, as well as others. In fact I remember when the Bowen debate was raging Booze was telling me "Hatcher is the one who has sucked, he's the one you should be ranting about getting rid of." Others were also supporting the "Hatcher is the one who sucks, not Bowen" argument.

I can tell you about how people like you undervalued him again if you'd like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I said it and honestly, with one decent year in a Cowboy uniform...I think I was pretty much right.

I wanted to keep Bowen because frankly, he was younger and wasn't getting injured every five seconds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Also, Ben Bass returning will be like getting a free 1st rounder.
Between him and Crawford...we don't even need any DT.

We are getting a "future Hall of Famer" and "the reason why Jason Hatcher won't be here" back.

Wo0T

Jiggyfly

Banned
No, that's not my logic. At this stage I'd be surprised if you ever managed to get the point correctly on the first try.

That is not true, Booze I know for sure, as well as others. In fact I remember when the Bowen debate was raging Booze was telling me "Hatcher is the one who has sucked, he's the one you should be ranting about getting rid of." Others were also supporting the "Hatcher is the one who sucks, not Bowen" argument.

I can tell you about how people like you undervalued him again if you'd like.
Spears was a bust and a progress stopper Hatcher should have started over him 2 seasons before he did.

Yes please tell me how undervalued Spears was this should be rich.

Oh yeah there is a huge difference in Booze calling him a bust and "everybody" doing it, but once again you stretch the truth to make a point, remember I have been around as long as you so I know what was said.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Spears was a bust and a progress stopper Hatcher should have started over him 2 seasons before he did.
Hatcher was injured all the time, how exactly would he have accomplished that?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
A guy that started for like 7 years in this league was a bust.... Got it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
A guy that started for like 7 years in this league was a bust.... Got it.
Weak reasoning. He started because he was drafted in the 1st round. Our esteemed GM then deemed the position set. No need to further address it.

Spears was the epitome of a JAG. A guy that could easily have been replaced, but wasn't because of our lazy F.O. Or are we absolving them in this instance because it helps this certain agenda? Sure looks like it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I usually hold out high hopes for players who have shown nothing and are also coming off catostrophic injuries.

Those are the kinds of guys you can build around.
Was Barry Church catastrophic? Huh? Huh?

Didn't think so, fake fan.

Crawford is going to be a future Hall of Famer. Jason Hatcher said so.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just hope Crawford is not just playing DT next year...I'd like some size at DE.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just hope Crawford is not just playing DT next year...I'd like some size at DE.
Size as DE in this defense is not really the same as the 3-4. He's big enough for the strong side. But historically, two fleet DEs, a quick penetrating undertackle and one big NT is how Marinelli has gone. Not really sure where Crawford fits in that because he put on a ton of weight his rookie year for the 304 and then shed a bunch last year for this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just would like a DE who could hold up on the edge in the run game. Like Idonijie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just would like a DE who could hold up on the edge in the run game. Like Idonijie.
Selvie did an okay job at that last year. Not that I am saying keep him a starter, but you don't necessarily have to be big.

Speaking of Idonije, he will hit the market again. Don't know if he has anything left. I would see if he does and he's going to be cheap.

We should have got him in last year when we had the chance. A vet or two will be needed if we end up letting all the vets go and bring in young guys.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Guys like him...Red Bryant...we'll have options.

Top Bottom