Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Maybe so but if he is signed cheap he may not be as inclined to play well. I know, the argument would be if he doesn't work out then cut him because you lost nothing by getting him cheap and that would be true. It would precipitate a delay however in getting a replacement.
How much worse can it get? He is massively overpaid and has under delivered. Why not pay him such that he over delivers for his lower pay?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And maybe if he is signed cheap he plays well to get another contract or incentives.

You have no idea what his motivations are.
Neither do you.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Neither do you.
No but assuming a player will tank because he doesn't get a big contract is kind of ass backwards. The players who pack it in are usually the ones who get the fat signing bonus and have tons of job security.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No but assuming a player will tank because he doesn't get a big contract is kind of ass backwards. The players who pack it in are usually the ones who get the fat signing bonus and have tons of job security.
Whatever, I'm just getting sick of Jiggy going after LT in just damn near every thread he posts in. He is constantly trolling him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And maybe if he is signed cheap he plays well to get another contract or incentives.

You have no idea what his motivations are.
Nor do you but to date he has disappointing.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
A strong OL is the most important thing to have on offense besides QB.
?
Meh. That's what I keep hearing but the Cowboys and Ravens have been helpless this year. Meanwhile the Pats are undefeated with a patchwork O line.
Back before games got decided in 4 or 5 plays it was true. But this is rugged basketball now, not a game of field position.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
A strong OL is the most important thing to have on offense besides QB
Show me one team that ever won anything because of their OL and not their skill players. You can't.

OL no matter how good they are can't make an average player into a star and it takes stars to win in this league. Hell the Patriots traded away their best OL and won the Superbowl.

I will say the OL's weakest links can't be bad players or else the whole offense suffers, but the reverse doesn't make the offense great.

Weeks 3-10 of this season are further proof positive of that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Show me one team that ever won anything because of their OL and not their skill players. You can't.

OL no matter how good they are can't make an average player into a star and it takes stars to win in this league. Hell the Patriots traded away their best OL and won the Superbowl.

I will say the OL's weakest links can't be bad players or else the whole offense suffers, but the reverse doesn't make the offense great.

The OL are the enablers of the skilled players. If they don't do their job the skilled guys can't do theirs. It's a team effort.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whatever, I'm just getting sick of Jiggy going after LT in just damn near every thread he posts in. He is constantly trolling him.
Really.:lol

This coming from a guy who is constantly taking shots at me.

I don't troll L.T. I don't respond to his post more than anyone else that make nonsensical claims.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why would you think I am worked up?

I asked you to elaborate on a specific question and you do what you do.

So I'm done with it.
You were anythng but specific. You asked me what caused me to say what I did. Now what specifically are you referring to since I made more than one comment regarding him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:tippytoe

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Meh. That's what I keep hearing but the Cowboys and Ravens have been helpless this year. Meanwhile the Pats are undefeated with a patchwork O line.
Back before games got decided in 4 or 5 plays it was true. But this is rugged basketball now, not a game of field position.
I'd say the most important thing to have on offense besides a QB is a halfway competent coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With quick hitting offenses like the Pats it kind of decreases the importance of the offensive line. Those quick pick plays they run totally negate the pass rush. It's also why you can't survive on defense by just having a great pass rush. Takes a lot more to stop the pass then just that.

For the Cowboys though I think the offensive line is far more important. We don't run a quick hitting offense. Simply put, most of our pass plays take longer to develop and that makes our offensive line that much more important. Additionally Romo is the kind of QB who likes to hold the ball a little longer to get the big plays. He is a master of working in the pocket and a great offensive line is a perfect compliment for his style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom