Panthers Stuff...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Also, I love that he put in some Carolina work while he was out. That's pretty great.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Frank Alexander suspended one year for drug policy violation

By Andie Hagemann NFL.com
Published: Nov. 24, 2015 at 04:16 p.m.
Updated: Nov. 24, 2015 at 07:39 p.m.
999+ Likes | 25 Comments

Carolina Panthers defensive end Frank Alexander has been suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse, the Panthers announced Tuesday.

Alexander is currently on the injured reserve list but will begin serving his suspension immediately. In August, Alexander tore his Achilles tendon during the Panthers' preseason victory over the Miami Dolphins.

This isn't the only time Alexander has incurred a suspension during his four-year career.

The 2012 fourth-round pick was suspended for the first four games of the 2014 season after he violated the league's substance abuse policy. After serving said four-game suspension, he was suspended once again -- this time for 10 games -- for a different violation of the substance abuse policy.

Here are some other suspensions that we are tracking:

Free-agent safety LaRon Landry has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, per a source. Landry has not played in the NFL since last season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
2003 Playoffs?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Seems right. Memory serves me that Michael Irvin got his career ending injury in that game or was injured and couldn't play.
Irvin got his neck snapped in Philly. I can't believe you don't remember that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Irvin got his neck snapped in Philly. I can't believe you don't remember that.
I do remember that but I also associate the Carolina game as being affected by Irvins absence. Maybe the Philly injury was in the same season that Dallas played Carolina in the playoffs. It's fuzzy but in the mix somehow.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Too many games rolling around in the noggin. I don't know why I associate the two.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do remember that but I also associate the Carolina game as being affected by Irvins absence. Maybe the Philly injury was in the same season that Dallas played Carolina in the playoffs. It's fuzzy but in the mix somehow.
Irvin broke his collarbone in that game. Miserable game when told you the dynasty was over. Aikman was throwing to shitty Billy Davis at the end of that game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Charles Tillman doubtful to face Dallas

Posted by Josh Alper on November 25, 2015, 12:52 PM EST

The Panthers have turned in their final injury report before Thursday’s game against the Cowboys and it leaves them likely to play the game without cornerback Charles Tillman.

Tillman missed last week’s game because of a knee injury and he’s been listed as doubtful to play this week for the same reason. Tillman was listed as a limited participant in practice the last two days, which may wind up serving as groundwork for a Week 13 return although Tillman said, via Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer, that he’ll be making the trip to Texas.

Wide receiver Philly Brown was also out against the Redskins last weekend and has been listed as questionable because of a shoulder injury. Brown said Wednesday that he feels good enough to play while noting that the decision won’t be his to make.

Long snapper J.J. Jansen is probable after being added to the injury report during the week with a head injury, which likely means that the Panthers won’t need to use the newly signed Danny Aiken in his place on Thursday.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Irvin broke his collarbone in that game. Miserable game when told you the dynasty was over. Aikman was throwing to shitty Billy Davis at the end of that game.
Thank you. I could associate Irving with an injury and probable loss to that game.

Cotton

Staff member
Good news about Tillman.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Good news about Tillman.
Fake fan. You're supposed to want them at full strength so we can beat them that way.

Ok. Fuck that. I hope Cam Newton breaks both his ankles stepping off the bus.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Too many games rolling around in the noggin. I don't know why I associate the two.
You guys really are getting old.

Michael Irvin didn't get hurt in that game.....that was 2003 for crying out loud. He wasn't even in the league anymore.

The game you two old farts are thinking of occurred in the 1996 season when we lost in the divisional round at Carolina. Both Irvin and Deion Sanders were knocked from the game with injuries.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You guys really are getting old.

Michael Irvin didn't get hurt in that game.....that was 2003 for crying out loud. He wasn't even in the league anymore.

The game you two old farts are thinking of occurred in the 1996 season when we lost in the divisional round at Carolina. Both Irvin and Deion Sanders were knocked from the game with injuries.
That game is what I was talking about you turd.

Top Bottom