Packers at Cowboys | Week 15 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/15/13

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol :lol

Schmitty, I like you dude.....so as your internet amigo, I would suggest you tread lightly.
If he bans me, he's just doing it out of anger and not because anything I'm doing.

If he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
He's way better than Campo, though, right?

No. Campo's teams were bad and so was he. But I have never in my 25 years of following this team been this embarrassed to even admit I root for them.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If he bans me, he's just doing it out of anger and not because anything I'm doing.

If he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it.
Dont poke the bear, though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Besides the nonexistent pass rush the S play was a glaring fail. None can cover.

2233boys

Not So New Member
How we don't run the ball more than 18 times in a game we had 7 yrds a carry is beyond me. Unacceptable. This is all on Garrett, and Jerry for hiring the sad sack in the first place.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
He's way better than Campo, though, right?

No. Campo's teams were bad and so was he. But I have never in my 25 years of following this team been this embarrassed to even admit I root for them.
D'oh! I forgot he's from Princeton, so he must be good and stuff.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dont poke the bear, though.
I'll say whatever I want to say, I'm not breaking any rules.

The playcalling was not entirely to blame for today's loss. A defense that surrenders 34 second half points is also very, very much to blame.

Who is "more" to blame is irrelevant. Obviously the playcalling decisions were mind bogglingly atrocious and unacceptable, but so was the defense.

If we were smart, we'd be on the phone with Bill Cowher types behind the scene. Instead, we'll wait till two weeks after the season and bring in Mike Zimmer to fix things, yaaay.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Any one not laying this loss at Garrett's feet is delusional.

The Packers didn't come close to stopping Murray all night. If they'd have run the ball more, starting in the 3rd quarter, they could have coasted to victory.

Yes the defense sucks and gave up points but as the HC you've got to coach around your shortcomings. That means play ball control offense and bleed the clock so you limit the Packers' possessions and so that your sack of shit defense doesn't have to be on the field as long.

Even if it turns out that Romo kept changing plays at the line I still can't excuse Garrett. As the HC you DICTATE to your players what they will do. Tell him (Romo) that he is not to change the play and that the plan is to run the ball.

Garrett has that power as the HC. If he chooses not to use it it is on him and he deserves to pay with his job.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'll say whatever I want to say, I'm not breaking any rules.

The playcalling was not entirely to blame for today's loss. A defense that surrenders 34 second half points is also very, very much to blame.

Who is "more" to blame is irrelevant. Obviously the playcalling decisions were mind bogglingly atrocious, but so was the defense.

If we were smart, we'd be on the phone with Bill Cowher types behind the scene. Instead, we'll wait till two weeks after the season and bring in Mike Zimmer to fix things, yaaay.

All they are saying is if you dont have that poor playcalling then the bad defense wont happen. You are missing that whole point. You know you have a bad defense so create a gameplan that keeps them off the field. Its just simple common sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So did you watch the whole game...or just the last couple minutes?
I watched all of it, off and on. I didn't get to see every play, but I saw enough.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
D'oh! I forgot he's from Princeton, so he must be good and stuff.
He's just another in the long line of accomplished NFL coaches from Princeton.. oh wait

Smitty

DCC 4Life
All they are saying is if you dont have that poor playcalling then the bad defense wont happen.
I don't know about that, but maybe.

In any case, even if it were true, you could say playcalling was the #1 culprit. But defense still deserves a big assist.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Any one not laying this loss at Garrett's feet is delusional.

The Packers didn't come close to stopping Murray all night. If they'd have run the ball more, starting in the 3rd quarter, they could have coasted to victory.

Yes the defense sucks and gave up points but as the HC you've got to coach around your shortcomings. That means play ball control offense and bleed the clock so you limit the Packers' possessions and so that your sack of shit defense doesn't have to be on the field as long.

Even if it turns out that Romo kept changing plays at the line I still can't excuse Garrett. As the HC you DICTATE to your players what they will do. Tell him (Romo) that he is not to change the play and that the plan is to run the ball.

Garrett has that power as the HC. If he chooses not to use it it is on him and he deserves to pay with his job.
I wonder to what extent we give Romo that power. You are correct though, on that.

Top Bottom