Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Cowboys v Seahawks | 08/25/16

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's amazing to see the reaction over on CZ. Those idiots seem to be in love with Showers. Lmfao
He will go back to the practice squad again. And as soon as old ankle breaker gets healthy he will join the roster as Prescott's backup.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Trucked!

Cotton

Staff member
Kam Chancellor “a little surprised” by Ezekiel Elliott’s physical play

Posted by Josh Alper on August 26, 2016, 8:58 AM EDT

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones might not like that running back Ezekiel Elliott was photographed at a legal marijuana dispensary in Seattle, but he probably likes that there wasn’t any sign of a mellow Elliott in his first game action of the preseason.

Elliott ran for 48 yards on seven carries against the Seahawks and showed no qualms about initiating contact with Seattle defenders in an effort to grind out a few more yards at the end of runs. Some of those collisions came with Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor, who said after the game that he was surprised by Elliott’s willingness to take on contact.

“I was, because there was no film on him,” Chancellor said, via the Seattle Times. “I didn’t know if he was going to juke me or not, so I was a little surprised. But not the second time. Second time you know I’m bringing that wood. I was a little surprised the first time, but he has a lot of courage for that. I’ll give it to him. But if it was a full game, it would have been a bloodbath.”

Chancellor picked up a personal foul for hitting Elliott late on an incomplete pass, something he said wasn’t meant as a “Welcome to the NFL” moment for a rookie who wasn’t showing any fear of getting hit. Chancellor might not have been sending a message with that hit, but Elliott was — “I had to let them know I belong here” — and it’s unlikely that any defenders will face him in the future without knowing that there’s going to be a lot of hitting.

Kam is such a douchenozzle.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't love the YPA but it's against a very tough defense and it would have looked much better had Williams caught that one pass like he should have.
Williams style of pass catching is waiting for the ball to get to him. Any time that the ball is is in a contested position he wil not go for the catch he waits. I don't know if he would have caught the ball but he didn't fight for it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So why the hell was Romo running downfield in a preseason game anyway?
Yep, I was asking that same question he should have thrown that ball away.

I wonder if all the Dak love is making him a little skittish.

Cotton

Staff member
Williams style of pass catching is waiting for the ball to get to him. Any time that the ball is is in a contested position he wil not go for the catch he waits. I don't know if he would have caught the ball but he didn't fight for it.
Typical for him. His is and always will be a body catcher.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why would he throw it away if he can't see the guy behind him? He is sliding to avoid the guy in front of him. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone in this discussion.
:lol

The reason has been given many times.

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
You guys realize that at least like 7 of the guys out there on defense won't make the team?

Our DL is shit but guys like Coe, Okoye and such aren't backups, they're 3rd stringers/camp fodder that are playing as backups right now because we had to start our actual backups due to our coaching staff/front office being scared of injuries.
Yep.

That's why all of the bitching was hilarious last night.

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dak was impressive again he just always seems to go to the right reciever and he was definitley going through progresions last night.

He sometimes seems to aim the ball a bit I thought he could have led both Witten and Williams on the TD and the contested ball but Williams has to make a play on that ball.

Collins looked good he continually beat the 1st round pick for Seattle Ihfeldi, so much so that when Ihfeldi got some push he started celebrating.:lol

We need some real help at LB Hitchens is still running around blocks and Durant is pretty meh, I think LB is going to be the real issue for this defense.

Elliott was a revelation that battle him and Cam was having was something and that run around right end showed how much burst he has, he is really the complete package.

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
From Sturm.

And that was on display again last night in Seattle. We can debate whether he should have played at all and we can certainly debate whether he needs to be extending plays in August that risk his health, but what can't be debated is that this is the new normal. Every time he takes a hit, there is now going to be the normal breath-holding and over-examination of his every reaction for the rest of his career.
That's the problem people had with Romo on that play.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
From Sturm.

That's the problem people had with Romo on that play.
I understand people wanting him to protect himself, but I agree with [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]. I don't think there was anything extreme about that play. As Booze said, he was just playing football.

I mean, it isn't like he did what Wilson did later in the game where he was running all over the place. Romo felt the pressure, moved out of the pocket and tried to extend the play and when he saw he was at risk, he went to slide. The play was just kind of freaky in that it resulted in back side pressure and he landed on Romo awkwardly because Romo had already begun his slide.

Basically what I'm saying is, if Romo can't even do that, then the poor guy is finished. It was a simple football play and he got hurt on it, and that's a bad sign for anyone who was hoping he might have one last extended season in him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I understand people wanting him to protect himself, but I agree with [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]. I don't think there was anything extreme about that play. As Booze said, he was just playing football.

I mean, it isn't like he did what Wilson did later in the game where he was running all over the place. Romo felt the pressure, moved out of the pocket and tried to extend the play and when he saw he was at risk, he went to slide. The play was just kind of freaky in that it resulted in back side pressure and he landed on Romo awkwardly because Romo had already begun his slide.

Basically what I'm saying is, if Romo can't even do that, then the poor guy is finished. It was a simple football play and he got hurt on it, and that's a bad sign for anyone who was hoping he might have one last extended season in him.
As the offseason goes on you start to sort of forget how brittle Romo looked last year. You start to think that maybe he can have another healthy year. Last night was just a cold reminder that Romo can't physically take a hit any more. And no NFL QB goes through a game without being hit sometimes.

Top Bottom