Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This made me :lol last night...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
[MENTION=41]Genghis Khan[/MENTION]

I see that the Phillies have called up Alfaro. Hope he gets to play and does well. Always had high hopes for him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Looks like Gomez reverted back to form.

How many times did he stumble after swinging at a pitch?

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
Finished 8 for 19.

Rev

Staff member
Not all that great for BP.
It wasn't typical batting practice, though. There were a couple of guys pitching that pitched recently in the majors.

Cotton

Staff member
It wasn't typical batting practice, though. There were a couple of guys pitching that pitched recently in the majors.
Good to know you're pulling for Tebow to make the Rangers squad. :unsure

Rev

Staff member
Good to know you're pulling for Tebow to make the Rangers squad. :unsure
It would only be a minor league deal if he does so no big deal. Just pointing out that it's pretty good for a guy that hasn't played since high school.

D

Deuce

It would only be a minor league deal if he does so no big deal. Just pointing out that it's pretty good for a guy that hasn't played since high school.
Ya, not bad. They started him with regular BP and then put him against live pitching. I'm curious how he looked defensively.

Cotton

Staff member
Ya, not bad. They started him with regular BP and then put him against live pitching. I'm curious how he looked defensively.
That article I posted gave some scout opinions on some of his defense.

D

Deuce

That article I posted gave some scout opinions on some of his defense.
Ya, I was just reading it...thanks. Looks like he is pretty much as good as I could have expected. Fundamentally he looks decent which you would expect of him to be since he's a hard worker and that's something he can put effort in to. And to be honest, his swing looks solid even if lefties tend to look prettier.

I I certainly wouldn't hate the Rays picking him up and seeing if he could provide anything in Monthomery.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Ya, I was just reading it...thanks. Looks like he is pretty much as good as I could have expected. Fundamentally he looks decent which you would expect of him to be since he's a hard worker and that's something he can put effort in to. And to be honest, his swing looks solid even if lefties tend to look prettier.

I I certainly wouldn't hate the Rays picking him up and seeing if he could provide anything in Monthomery.
AA ball? How about let's see what he can do at Advanced Rookie level Princeton in the Appalachian League first?

D

Deuce

AA ball? How about let's see what he can do at Advanced Rookie level Princeton in the Appalachian League first?
Jordan went straight to AA ball with an even longer layoff from the sport and at an older age simply as a way to sell tickets and just a hope he could produce. I expect the same for Tebow.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Jordan went straight to AA ball with an even longer layoff from the sport and at an older age simply as a way to sell tickets and just a hope he could produce. I expect the same for Tebow.
It was ridiculous in Jordan's case and would be equally ridiculous if that is what happens with Tebow. As long as it is recognized and branded as the publicity stunt it is then whatever. But that is exactly what it would be of Tebow is signed and placed directly in AA. He should have to prove he belongs there. If he does that then you will not hear me criticize it. In fact I'll be extremely impressed if he starts off in Low A and truly plays well enough to get to AA. But only of it's legimate promotion based on his actual talent/production and not because he is Tim Tebow.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was ridiculous in Jordan's case and would be equally ridiculous if that is what happens with Tebow. As long as it is recognized and branded as the publicity stunt it is then whatever. But that is exactly what it would be of Tebow is signed and placed directly in AA. He should have to prove he belongs there. If he does that then you will not hear me criticize it. In fact I'll be extremely impressed if he starts off in Low A and truly plays well enough to get to AA. But only of it's legimate promotion based on his actual talent/production and not because he is Tim Tebow.
Gotta give him a little bump for having a gate draw name. That should be worth AA.

Top Bottom