Religion thread...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I rejected Christianity and my Baptist upbringing many years ago but when I'm a few beers (etc) in and hear Allison Krauss & company sing songs like "Down in the River to Pray" and "I'll Fly Away" I am ready to go to an old fashioned tent revival and be washed in the blood of the lamb in some muddy river. :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I rejected Christianity and my Baptist upbringing many years ago but when I'm a few beers (etc) in and hear Allison Krauss & company sing songs like "Down in the River to Pray" and "I'll Fly Away" I am ready to go to an old fashioned tent revival and be washed in the blood of the lamb in some muddy river. :lol

The draw and yearning cannot be denied. :art

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah. I still find myself whistling hymns and stuff I used to listen to even though I haven't been to church in 10 years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The one thing about church I miss the most is church camp. Singing hymns and macking on bitches.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
We as humans tend to have a natural draw toward believing in God or a higher power. And in the end most people, even atheists, will plea to a deity for intervention when they have a problem or are in a pucker worthy circumstance. Not surprisingly it takes a lot of effort on the part of a person to be atheist and that's why more of those people claim to agnostic rather than flat out atheists. At least that's been what I have noticed in my little sphere of experiences.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We as humans tend to have a natural draw toward believing in God or a higher power. And in the end most people, even atheists, will plea to a deity for intervention when they have a problem or are in a pucker worthy circumstance. Not surprisingly it takes a lot of effort on the part of a person to be atheist and that's why more of those people claim to agnostic rather than flat out atheists. At least that's been what I have noticed in my little sphere of experiences.
Are you calling agnostics lazier than atheists? Just wanna be clear.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think any of this is true at all.

It's funny how you're not an atheist but you pretend to know how atheists think. What a coincidence that it's a projection of what you believe and want to be true.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't think any of this is true at all.

It's funny how you're not an atheist but you pretend to know how atheists think. What a coincidence that it's a projection of what you believe and want to be true.
His statement wasn't exactly iron clad. Twice he gave an easy out for those who don't agree and even qualified it by saying the following:

At least that's what I've noticed in my little sphere of experiences.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
His statement wasn't exactly iron clad. Twice he gave an easy out for those who don't agree and even qualified it by saying the following:
He extrapolated his "little sphere of influences" to "most atheists." Hence me explaining that I don't think it's true for "most atheists."

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Don't atheists do the same to Christians? And I'd say that same coincidence is there for them, too.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He extrapolated his "little sphere of influences" to "most atheists." Hence me explaining that I don't think it's true for "most atheists."

He admitted that his sphere of influence was small. I thought that was pretty much saying that he doesn't know the entire spectrum.

It's too bad that we can't all just speak freely without somebody taking issue with some small part of what we say. Oh well, I guess I've been on both sides of that deal.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He admitted that his sphere of influence was small. I thought that was pretty much saying that he doesn't know the entire spectrum.

It's too bad that we can't all just speak freely without somebody taking issue with some small part of what we say. Oh well, I guess I've been on both sides of that deal.
Most of his post was pretty judgemental and seemed to be speaking as a whole, but he did back up a bit in the end.

Overall the tone seemed to be one of extrapolation.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Most of his post was pretty judgemental and seemed to be speaking as a whole, but he did back up a bit in the end.

Overall the tone seemed to be one of extrapolation.
:lol ok maybe he was. I have no idea. He seems like a pretty non-threatening dude. Hopefully feelings aren't hurt beyond being repaired.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol ok maybe he was. I have no idea. He seems like a pretty non-threatening dude. Hopefully feelings aren't hurt beyond being repaired.
I don't think anybodies feelings were hurt, I just agree with Genghis that he seemed to be making sweeping judgements.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:viking

Still stalking after all these years, am I the only reason you post anymore?
I think you're confusing having your flaming retardation called out once a month or so to stalking, Al.

By your definition, most here must stalk you then. I am far from the only person who laughs at your three semi-working brain cells. Tough break.

Top Bottom