Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, he is recovering from a broken leg, so there's that.

I question why on earth a bust like Mark Barron is ranked like he is.
I guess. But when I see him ranked that low it just makes me start to day dream what he would look like in the middle of our defense. Honestly, I think he gets a top 3 free agent contract this year though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guess. But when I see him ranked that low it just makes me start to day dream what he would look like in the middle of our defense. Honestly, I think he gets a top 3 free agent contract this year though.
If he's at all a reasonable contract we should be all over him. But I agree with you that he'll probably break the bank or close to it. I'm not really interested in that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he's at all a reasonable contract we should be all over him. But I agree with you that he'll probably break the bank or close to it. I'm not really interested in that.
He is what I want in a DT though. He has great size and power at 6'4 315 lbs. He can rush the passer and stuff the run. Just an all around physical force. Honestly would be able to play either DT spot in this defense. Offenses would have to game plan for him even at NT.

But the contract he gets will be massive and sometimes with DTs that can cause them to get a bit lazy as we have seen over history.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I question why on earth a bust like Mark Barron is ranked like he is.
I didn't even realize he did as much as he did for the Rams. 116 tackles in 12 starts, 1 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 5 pass defensed are much better numbers then I was aware he put up last year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We should be able to sign a handful of guys off of this list if we are aggressive enough about it, most of them for not too much:

Ahtyba Rubin, DT Seattle
Zach Brown, LB Tennessee
Demario Davis, LB NYJ
Ian Williams, DT San Francisco
Jaye Howard, DT Kansas City
Lamar Miller, RB Miami
Matt Forte, RB Chicago
Tashaun Gipson, S Cleveland
Eric Weddle, S San Diego
Casey Hayward, CB Green Bay
Nick Fairley, DT St. Louis
Damon Harrison, DT NYJ
Trumaine Johnson, CB St. Louis
Courtney Upshaw, DT/DE Baltimore
Rashad Johnson, S Arizona
Haloti Ngata, DT Baltimore
Mike Neal, DE Green Bay
Nick Perry, DE Green Bay
Brandon Boykin, CB Pittsburgh
Akiem Hicks, DT New England
Chris Ivory, RB NYJ
Derrick Shelby, DE/DT Miami
Kendall Reyes, DT San Diego
Jerell Freeman, LB Indianapolis
Janoris Jenkins, CB St. Louis
Sean Smith, CB Kansas City
George Iloka, S Cincinnati
Reggie Nelson, S Cincinnati
Jason Jones, DE Detroit

I left out guys like Malik Jackson, Eric Berry, Muhammad Wilkerson and such because I can't see us being able to afford them, nor can I see Wilkerson or Berry even hitting the market.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We should be able to sign a handful of guys off of this list if we are aggressive enough about it, most of them for not too much:

Ahtyba Rubin, DT Seattle
Zach Brown, LB Tennessee
Demario Davis, LB NYJ
Ian Williams, DT San Francisco
Lamar Miller, RB Miami
Matt Forte, RB Chicago
Eric Weddle, S San Diego
Damon Harrison, DT NYJ
Haloti Ngata, DT Baltimore
Mike Neal, DE Green Bay
Nick Perry, DE Green Bay
Chris Ivory, RB NYJ
Derrick Shelby, DE/DT Miami
Kendall Reyes, DT San Diego
Jerell Freeman, LB Indianapolis
Jason Jones, DE Detroit

I left out guys like Malik Jackson, Eric Berry, Muhammad Wilkerson and such because I can't see us being able to afford them, nor can I see Wilkerson or Berry even hitting the market.
Judd Garrett took one look at your list and laughed.

Too much work.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
id love to get Rashad Johnson and he should be relatively cheap. That would also keep us from going Ramsey - not that I hate Jalen Ramsey but I want something different

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
id love to get Rashad Johnson and he should be relatively cheap. That would also keep us from going Ramsey - not that I hate Jalen Ramsey but I want something different
I loved Rashad Johnson in the draft. After his first few years in the league I thought I was horribly wrong. He has actually turned into a pretty nice player. Wouldn't mind him here at all.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Lamar Miller, RB Miami
Matt Forte, RB Chicago
Chris Ivory, RB NYJ

These would be my preferences. One of each group would work for me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Eric Weddle, S San Diego
There are some really nice names at DB in free agency. I see no reason why we shouldn't pluck one or two. I really wish we would dump Berry Church as just save the money. He gives you no more then Wilcox on the field and costs you 3 times as much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My wish is to snag Gipson or Weddle and Hayward. Then move into offense playmakers in the draft.

Get the DB fix in free agency.

Any defensive back rookie we would take would have a tremendous learning curve, so it is pointless to take a guy like Ramsey.

Get a real safety and an acceptable corner like Heyward and it opens up things tremendously.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My wish is to snag Gipson or Weddle and Hayward. Then move into offense playmakers in the draft.

Get the DB fix in free agency.

Any defensive back rookie we would take would have a tremendous learning curve, so it is pointless to take a guy like Ramsey.

Get a real safety and an acceptable corner like Heyward and it opens up things tremendously.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. Hell I'm ok with cutting Carr and Church and doing those two things but for some goddamn reason our team seems to be married to those guys.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Eagles aren’t expected to franchise tag Sam Bradford

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 16, 2016, 8:13 AM EST

Teams can begin applying the franchise tag today, but it doesn’t appear the Eagles are in any hurry to participate.

According to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, the Eagles aren’t expected to use either the franchise or transition tag to squat on the rights of quarterback Sam Bradford, setting the stage for him to hit the free agent market.

While they have a glaring hole in their depth chart if they don’t retain Bradford, they apparently don’t consider it enough of one to justify paying Bradford around $20 million for one year.

Bradford looked reasonably proficient at times last year, and would likely draw interest on the free agent market. But with the Eagles working to lock up a number of young players to long-term deals, having Bradford sitting there as a $20 million anchor on the cap could prevent some of the moves they want to make.

Of course, that means they’d have to find someone to replace him, since it’s unlikely they view Mark Sanchez as the answer.

New coach Doug Pederson has background with Chiefs backup quarterback Chase Daniel, but the market isn’t exactly flush with answers.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom