2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I look forward to your fan base calling for Ferentz to be fired over the next 5 years again.
Oh we will, because we will probably go to average/shit for a couple of years once CJ Beathard graduates. It's a cycle at Iowa. Just glad to be on the upswing this year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
IT'S GAMEDAY!

Time for our weekly rants against SEC bias. :towel

I'm so damn pumped for tonight's game. Obviously anything can happen, but I think we get Baylor by 2 TDs tonight.

As long as Mike Stoops doesn't have our DBs playing 10 yards off the LOS like last year, I think we hold our own on defense.

And unlike in years past, we actually have a QB in place who can make the throws down field. We're going to score points on that Baylor defense.

I'm going to go Oklahoma 44 Baylor 30

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
IT'S GAMEDAY!

I'm so damn pumped for tonight's game. Obviously anything can happen, but I think we get Baylor by 2 TDs tonight.

As long as Mike Stoops doesn't have our DBs playing 10 yards off the LOS like last year, I think we hold our own on defense.

And unlike in years past, we actually have a QB in place who can make the throws down field. We're going to score points on that Baylor defense.

I hope you are the prognostication king today. Yes I agree about the secondary schemes. You cannot give that much room to pass oriented team. It will give them 8 to 10 yards on the short passing game. It is pointless then to try to shut down a running attack then because the short pass will off set a shut down on the run. The secondary has played tighter coverage the past few games but Mike might change that with Baylor and that concerns me.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I hope you are the prognostication king today. Yes I agree about the secondary schemes. You cannot give that much room to pass oriented team. It will give them 8 to 10 yards on the short passing game. It is pointless then to try to shut down a running attack then because the short pass will off set a shut down on the run. The secondary has played tighter coverage the past few games but Mike might change that with Baylor and that concerns me.
Remember the opening drive of the 2nd half last year?

That was the most despicable display of defense I've ever seen from a Sooners team. That drive alone was a fireable offense, IMO.

10 yards of cushion the entire drive and Baylor just walked the ball up field with uncontested 6-8 yard passes. And Mike Stoops didn't make a single adjustment. Just stood there like and idiot then yelled at the kids after the drive for not being able to execute his horrible game plan.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
IT'S GAMEDAY!

Your tears will be delicious...

Its big game Stoops!!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Remember the opening drive of the 2nd half last year?

That was the most despicable display of defense I've ever seen from a Sooners team. That drive alone was a fireable offense, IMO.

10 yards of cushion the entire drive and Baylor just walked the ball up field with uncontested 6-8 yard passes. And Mike Stoops didn't make a single adjustment. Just stood there like and idiot then yelled at the kids after the drive for not being able to execute his horrible game plan.
I remember. I just hope brother Bob remembers and puts Mike on a leash..

D

Deuce

TCU's season might fall apart. They already got their loss, but Doctson and Boykin both got hurt today and they are struggling with Kansas.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
TCU's season might fall apart. They already got their loss, but Doctson and Boykin both got hurt today and they are struggling with Kansas.
It feels like it might come down to OU and Baylor in the Big12

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hope OU wins tonight. Would be the final nail in the Big 12 to the playoffs coffin.
I think it would create a path for OU to make the playoffs with a sweep of their remaining games.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think it would create a path for OU to make the playoffs with a sweep of their remaining games.
Yep. They have the #1 ranked SOS from here on out.

I'd be shocked if they ran the table and didn't make it in. Their resume would be better than ND's, FL, and LSU's.

However it also depends on what Iowa does the rest of the season.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I knew OK State would have their work cut out for them with Iowa St.

Iowa State's not a sexy/good team but they aren't complete scrubs either. Their defense is solid and they're competent on offense. Going into Ames can be tough.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is such a bullshit personal foul call. Is he supposed to make himself disappear so he doesn't run into the guy? Now college is getting as pussified as the NFL.

1bigfan13

Staff member
With a loss to crappy UT on their resume and no Championship game to boost their stock? No chance.
Yep, just like a loss to crappy VT killed Ohio State's chances last year.

Keep hating.

BTW, how did UCF do today? :unsure

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
3 wins against top 15 opponents should be enough to make up for not having a CCG.

As I mentioned, OU has the toughest remaining schedule in the nation. Just because you throw "conference championship" onto a game's title doesn't mean the opponent was tougher than OU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom