Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I say yes, right now...but I am not confident in it. If they lose to the Bears, I could easily change my mind.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Bears is a Brady bottle lock loss.

Stupid cold and we will try to pass 50 times.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't tell if some of you guys legitimately think they will miss the playoffs or are wishing they do because you think it will make Jerry snap and fire Garrett. I get how a playoff berth might scare you because it will embolden Jones, but frankly he's narrowly missed out the last three years and hasn't gone crazy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We have plenty of that already. :art
If I am wishing for failure, I would rather it not be similar to the recent failure if that makes sense. Perhaps getting dismantled in the playoffs by a real team will make Jones quit it with this "if we just make the tournament, we can be the Giants" stuff, it is a victory in a way.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I can't tell if some of you guys legitimately think they will miss the playoffs or are wishing they do because you think it will make Jerry snap and fire Garrett. I get how a playoff berth might scare you because it will embolden Jones, but frankly he's narrowly missed out the last three years and hasn't gone crazy.
I think it's at best a 50-50 shot we make it, unless our last game vs iggles is meaningless I don't see us getting the best of the worst obligatory playoff appearance

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's a tossup, if the last game is winner takes the division I think we take it at home. A nice sound ass-whipping by the Seahawks might be a nice wakeup call to Jerry but I dobut it.

Lotuseater

Banned
Sean lee coming back will make a huge difference. We make the playoffs and I still say NFC championship game. Couldn't get past Seattle there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We would have to collapse at this point to miss the playoffs. So, I'm giving us a 60/40 chance.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You know what my stance has been in recent years.

I do hope that enough failures force Jones to change, but ultimately, I just don't think they're good enough and that's why they'll miss.

If I thought they had a legitimate chance to do something, just as I did in 2009, then I would rooting all the way for a playoff appearance regardless of how Jerry would react to it. But as it stands, this team is average at best and will find a way to faulter like it always does.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I am wishing for failure, I would rather it not be similar to the recent failure if that makes sense. Perhaps getting dismantled in the playoffs by a real team will make Jones quit it with this "if we just make the tournament, we can be the Giants" stuff, it is a victory in a way.
I definitely get that.

Hell, I said myself a few weeks ago that while I don't want to the Cowboys to make it, I also don't want them to lose another winner-take-all divisional finale either.

I've had enough of that crap.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just don't think they will get in. Its going to come down to the last game and just don't see them winning.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
I think Dallas wins the division. The Mon night game in Chicago is going to tell us a lot about how much fight they have in them this year. They're getting healthy, and the running game looks to potentially be peaking at the right time as well.

I'm still not sold on Philly being a better overall team than Dallas. Even if we're tied heading in to week 17, being at home is a huge advantage for Dallas, and we have owned Foles the last two times we've played him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I say yes, right now...but I am not confident in it. If they lose to the Bears, I could easily change my mind.
Agreed. At this point I think they pull it off.

I know I am counting on them to win late, which they never do, but they've really owned the division and the deciding game is gonna be at home.

They are catching a break as well with the QB situations for Chicago and GB a little.

If they choke the next two games away, which is obviously far from unlikely, my tune will change.

But again, I think this team fights more than previous incarnations.

Top Bottom