The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So, now we are protesting the military, too? The people that protects your fucking right to protest to begin with? Idiot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't expect everyone to have the same ideology as me but I will say that I was raised to respect the flag simply because it represents a multiplicity of causes and freedom issues.

If some wish to exercise any of the freedom issues including protesting the equity issues of people's rights being violated , so be it. I am reluctant however to welcome this protest when it is directed at the symbol that represents the nation itself. That's my view as a veteran and I simply cannot condone anyone who willing display a lack of respect to the very nation that has granted these freedoms.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't expect everyone to have the same ideology as me but I will say that I was raised to respect the flag simply because it represents a multiplicity of causes and freedom issues.

If some wish to exercise any of the freedom issues including protesting the equity issues of people's rights being violated , so be it. I am reluctant however to welcome this protest when it is directed at the symbol that represents the nation itself. That's my view as a veteran and I simply cannot condone anyone who willing display a lack of respect to the very nation that has granted these freedoms.
I feel the exact same way. He has every right to do what he is doing, but I feel like he is over the line disrespecting the military. As everyone on here knows, I am a huge supporter of our military and feel as if they should be given all of the respect they deserve.

Cotton

Staff member
Colin Kaepernick Draws Ire From Front Offices
August 31st, 2016 at 7:30pm CST by Sam Robinson

Despite likely being set to begin a season without a starting quarterback job for the first time since 2012, Colin Kaepernick has dominated the NFL news cycle this week. The nature of his return to the spotlight angered many front office executives.

The majority of the league’s decision-making personnel do not support the 49ers quarterback’s decision to sit for the national anthem in protest, according to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report.

A sampling of seven team executives revealed to Freeman they estimate 90-95% of NFL front offices shared their sentiments, which are not aligned with Kaepernick’s racially themed choice to sit during the anthem. Each of the surveyed septet believes the 49ers will release Kaepernick and he won’t play in the NFL again.

“I don’t want him anywhere near my team,” one front office executive told Freeman. “He’s a traitor.”

A GM also told Freeman he’d never seen a player hated by front office members as much as Kaepernick is now. Another executive told the writer he’d consider resigning from his post if his team’s owner wanted to sign the now-polarizing 28-year-old quarterback.

Sources close to Kaepernick expect the 49ers to release him, per Freeman. The 49ers, though, won’t be doing so because they don’t feel he can be effective anymore, as previously reported, but the anonymous executives believe San Francisco will instead cut the quarterback because of public pressure surrounding Kaepernick’s lightning-rod status. So, two key factors appear to be working against the dual-threat player.

It would be interesting if Kaepernick wants to continue playing but can’t when considering his standout past and the fact players with checkered legal pasts have been allowed to continue their careers. Freeman cites the Vikings moving on from longtime punter Chris Kluwe in 2013 around the same time he voiced his support for gay rights as a precedent for what could soon happen.

The NFL does not require players to stand for the anthem, but the league encourages the practice. The 49ers and Chip Kelly voiced support for Kaepernick’s rights last week when the controversy spawned. Kelly said the coaching staff remained in the process of deciding between he and Blaine Gabbert for the Week 1 starting role and that his controversial protest will not affect his standing on the team.

Kaepernick is due to make $11.9MM via fully guaranteed base salary this season. He signed the team-friendly, pay-as-you-go-structured deal in 2014 after he’d come off two strong seasons that ended with the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII and then in the 2013 NFC championship game. Kaepernick, though, has regressed from that high level that previously induced the Niners to trade Alex Smith to the Chiefs.

San Francisco benched Kaepernick last season before placing him on IR. During an offseason when he underwent three surgeries and lost weight as a result of being unable to train sufficiently, the 49ers and Broncos engaged in trade talks for the mercurial passer who’s led the 49ers to four playoff wins.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colin Kaepernick Draws Ire From Front Offices
August 31st, 2016 at 7:30pm CST by Sam Robinson

Despite likely being set to begin a season without a starting quarterback job for the first time since 2012, Colin Kaepernick has dominated the NFL news cycle this week. The nature of his return to the spotlight angered many front office executives.

The majority of the league’s decision-making personnel do not support the 49ers quarterback’s decision to sit for the national anthem in protest, according to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report.

A sampling of seven team executives revealed to Freeman they estimate 90-95% of NFL front offices shared their sentiments, which are not aligned with Kaepernick’s racially themed choice to sit during the anthem. Each of the surveyed septet believes the 49ers will release Kaepernick and he won’t play in the NFL again.

“I don’t want him anywhere near my team,” one front office executive told Freeman. “He’s a traitor.”

A GM also told Freeman he’d never seen a player hated by front office members as much as Kaepernick is now. Another executive told the writer he’d consider resigning from his post if his team’s owner wanted to sign the now-polarizing 28-year-old quarterback.

Sources close to Kaepernick expect the 49ers to release him, per Freeman. The 49ers, though, won’t be doing so because they don’t feel he can be effective anymore, as previously reported, but the anonymous executives believe San Francisco will instead cut the quarterback because of public pressure surrounding Kaepernick’s lightning-rod status. So, two key factors appear to be working against the dual-threat player.

It would be interesting if Kaepernick wants to continue playing but can’t when considering his standout past and the fact players with checkered legal pasts have been allowed to continue their careers. Freeman cites the Vikings moving on from longtime punter Chris Kluwe in 2013 around the same time he voiced his support for gay rights as a precedent for what could soon happen.

The NFL does not require players to stand for the anthem, but the league encourages the practice. The 49ers and Chip Kelly voiced support for Kaepernick’s rights last week when the controversy spawned. Kelly said the coaching staff remained in the process of deciding between he and Blaine Gabbert for the Week 1 starting role and that his controversial protest will not affect his standing on the team.

Kaepernick is due to make $11.9MM via fully guaranteed base salary this season. He signed the team-friendly, pay-as-you-go-structured deal in 2014 after he’d come off two strong seasons that ended with the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII and then in the 2013 NFC championship game. Kaepernick, though, has regressed from that high level that previously induced the Niners to trade Alex Smith to the Chiefs.

San Francisco benched Kaepernick last season before placing him on IR. During an offseason when he underwent three surgeries and lost weight as a result of being unable to train sufficiently, the 49ers and Broncos engaged in trade talks for the mercurial passer who’s led the 49ers to four playoff wins.
If he didn't suck out loud as a player I'm sure many of them would change their tunes. But yeah, if you are a borderline NFL player, why the hell would a franchise want to deal with your controversy? And now when Kaep gets cut and no one picks him up he'll have the built in excuse that the NFL is just doing it because they are racist or something.

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If he didn't suck out loud as a player I'm sure many of them would change their tunes. But yeah, if you are a borderline NFL player, why the hell would a franchise want to deal with your controversy? And now when Kaep gets cut and no one picks him up he'll have the built in excuse that the NFL is just doing it because they are racist or something.
I really don't care what Kaepernic thinks or if he cries racism. He has made the dumbest move he could ever make. He is a player who is under stress with his club and will likely be cut even if he stands during all the national anthems. He choose instead to create a storm and place himself in the middle of it for who knows what reasons. Maybe he even envisioned this was a way to embarrass his club so they would be reluctant to cut him.

What his motives are is no longer the issue. He has crapped in his mess kit not only with the niner organization but maybe it extends league wide. What did he gain? Nothing. What can he do now, to patch up his blunder? Nothing. Really a dumb plan if in fact he even had one.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Kbrown

Not So New Member
He is a big Christian. I can definitely see MLK Jr. wearing something like this. Props to him.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Now I am convinced that he is 100% full of shit and this is nothing but an attention grabbing stunt... why? He is playing in the game tonight and on the back of his helmet is an American flag. If he was truly as committed to his cause as he says, he would/should have refused to wear a helmet that had the flag on it, at which point they would have told him that it was a part of his uniform and that this sticker would stay put. At that point, anyone who was truly committed would have said that they would not play.

I so wish I was a reporter in the locker room after that game because I would press him on that very issue, I would ask him if he does not "stand" for the American flag, why he would wear a helmet that was adorned with one. If he would've responded by saying that it was a part of his uniform and he did not have the choice to remove it, I would have said that he did have a choice, not to play in the game. Or would that sacrifice had been too much for him?

Fucking poser.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
This isn't a stunt he's just dumber than a rock as evidenced by the fact-challenged BLM party line he tried to lay out as a rationale for his stance after the game. He's like a college freshman that's suddenly discovered Marx and thinks he's found some world shaking revelation no one else has seriously considered before.

Cotton

Staff member
This isn't a stunt he's just dumber than a rock as evidenced by the fact-challenged BLM party line he tried to lay out as a rationale for his stance after the game. He's like a college freshman that's suddenly discovered Marx and thinks he's found some world shaking revelation no one else has seriously considered before.
I think he proved to everyone how ignorant he is the day he wore the Fidel Castro shirt.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is saying he is going to donate the first million dollars he makes to charities this season. I'd say at least he is headed in the right direction now. I think he is at least trying to do some things that may motivate actual change.

Top Bottom