Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Cowboys v Texans| 09/01/16

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The All-22s might make it worth it.
Yeah I wish I knew what kind of a season the Cowboys will have. If it is a year like last year no way in hell is it worth it. I couldn't rewatch those games without vomiting.

But if Dak keeps playing well. Even if we are a 8-8 or 9-7 team it would probably be worth it to me. Hell I found myself rewatching preseason games because it was actually a joy to watch our offense being led by Dak. If that's what it's like during the regular season it would be worth it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know it was only a late 6th round pick, but there were several much better options then instead of taking a gamble on a major experiment like Gathers. Maybe he lands on the PS and can develop, but I doubt it.
Gathers is destined for the practice squad. But I guess what I don't get is if that was the plan all along then why draft him in the first place? If another NFL team liked him enough to draft him then they will pick him up before he hits our practice squad. If no one likes him that much, then why not let him go undrafted and then sign him then?

I think the problem was if we had a late seventh rounder we probably would have taken him there. But we didn't, our last pick was in the sixth round and the coaches didn't want to compete for him as an UDFA.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I reupped DirecTV and got a new 4K capable receiver and NFL ST for free. So I will be watching the Cowboys this year, if only to see if Dak is the future.

I doubt its going to be an exciting season outside of that.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I reupped DirecTV and got a new 4K capable receiver and NFL ST for free. So I will be watching the Cowboys this year, if only to see if Dak is the future.

I doubt its going to be an exciting season outside of that.
I've been debating NFL ST this year but if I can finagle them into an upgrade that includes it, I might try it. I can always play the "We've had DirecTV for twenty years" card.

I hate streaming games but it's still better than trying to catch radio broadcasts of games when those radio broadcasts were still free.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Darius Jackson still looks good. Are we really going to cut him and keep Dunbar?

Stars

DCC 4Life
Brandon Weeden in for the Texans. You've never seen a quarterback throw such a beautiful spiral.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Darius Jackson still looks good. Are we really going to cut him and keep Dunbar?
It's probably more between him and DMac, Dunbar is the new pet cat

Stars

DCC 4Life
Michael Irvin is calling Dak "Future" while he's talking to him from the booth on the broadcast.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I liked seeing this, Dak talking to Irvin and them in the booth but as the 4th down play was happening, he stopped mid sentence to watch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ugly fucking awful play by Olatoye.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And Weeden had to love that shit.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Weeden carving up the kids who won't be on the roster at the end of the weekend

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
so are the Texans ever gonna attempt a FG?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I liked seeing this, Dak talking to Irvin and them in the booth but as the 4th down play was happening, he stopped mid sentence to watch.
I completely missed it. Hopefully they'll show it on the replay of the game.

This kid just seems to get it. I hope to hell he ends up being the guy. Stuff like this just makes it really easy to root for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You have to admit the players are really getting behind Prescott.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just watching this sad sack of shit third string D just hoping that some guy looks like he can play.

It is awful.

Top Bottom