Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I thought he was fired from Baylor.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I thought he was fired from Baylor.
I think the wording the school used was " suspended with the intent to fire" originally.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure I blame them if they go that direction but it comes off as sort of weak now.

Rev

Staff member
Then he is still the coach? I am confused.
No. They have announced Jim Grobe as interim. The media has said he has been fired. Who knows what the contract says? Just found it wierd that they would word it that way originally. Its almost like they are trying to keep his rights.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No. They have announced Jim Grobe as interim. The media has said he has been fired. Who knows what the contract says? Just found it wierd that they would word it that way originally. Its almost like they are trying to keep his rights.
Yep because how can you suspend someone that you have fired. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they did name an interim coach but have yet to take any final actions with Briles. I can't imagine why the acted in this manner unless they think they might realize something from someone as long as they hold the contract rights. Meantime to ensure he doesn't coach anywhere without their say so, they will put him in a suspended state.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Baylor University, Art Briles reach settlement

WACO, TEXAS - The Art Briles era at Baylor University is officially over.

WFAA’s news partner KCEN has confirmed through a source close to the situation that the former head football coach and the university reached a settlement for his termination Friday morning. The terms of the settlement will be kept private and the school is expected to make an official announcement in the near future.

The settlement comes a day after an attorney for Briles filed a motion in a Waco federal court asking that he be assigned new attorneys in a lawsuit filed against him, the university, the board of regents and athletic director Ian McCaw. The lawsuit was filed by a former student who says the university mishandled her sexual assault case against a Baylor football player in 2013.

Previously, Baylor had publicly acknowledged that they were ready to financially settle the case with the former student. However, in the motion filed Thursday, Briles said he doesn't want his name attached to any settlement and doesn't believe that Baylor's attorneys had his best interest in mind.

The document claims that Briles gave Baylor's attorneys information to use for his defense in the lawsuit, but that the information was given to Baylor's Board of Regents and used as evidence to fire Briles.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jiggyfly

Banned

There is a guy from my high school who signed with Baylor.

4 star WR.

He is transferring to Houston.

Tren’Davian Dickson, WR: Dickson has announced that he will be transferring to the University of Houston. Because he enrolled in the Spring, and had already taken classes at Baylor, he will likely sit out this upcoming season, but that could be viewed as an unofficial redshirt.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
I'm confused. Did you ask a question and then answer yourself?

JP Urquidez is from my local high school but I don't know where he is headed now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Sooners need to move on from Jordan Thomas. He was arrested again and will likely be suspended again.

He's their best DB but he's not worth the headache.

Rev

Staff member
The Sooners need to move on from Jordan Thomas. He was arrested again and will likely be suspended again.

He's their best DB but he's not worth the headache.
He got them from Baker. Might as well just get rid of him, too.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He got them from Baker. Might as well just get rid of him, too.
Did Shake-N-Bake ever get arrested? I know he was kicked out of a Texas Tech bar. Iamtdg probably snitched on him.

Rev

Staff member
Did Shake-N-Bake ever get arrested? I know he was kicked out of a Texas Tech bar. Iamtdg probably snitched on him.
Oh I was only joking around. Have no idea on his arrest record or if there is one.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
JSmith.

A&m seems to be putting together a nice recruiting class and it seems Mazzone is helping out a lot on that front.

Chavitz is also starting to pay off as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom