Video Game Chatter

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I actually don't even really like the way motion looks at 60 fps. It's unnatural.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Well I broke down yesterday and bought a PS4. I got the Last of Us Bundle. I then added Destiny, Battlefield 4 (I had it for PS3 but wanted to see the difference) Killzone, NBA 2K14, Assassin's Creed Unity, INjustice and The Order. ANy other suggestions?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm so looking forward to the new Batman game and then really want the Star Wars game in November. :happydance

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm so looking forward to the new Batman game and then really want the Star Wars game in November. :happydance
Yes and yes. :towel

Batman is going to be excellent and I loved Star Wars Battlefront on PS2 so this one should be excellent.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm getting quite a backlog though. I probably have 15-20 games I haven't gotten around to beating yet, including some pretty big ones like Mass Effect 3 and some smaller ones like Alan Wake.

D

Deuce

I'm getting quite a backlog though. I probably have 15-20 games I haven't gotten around to beating yet, including some pretty big ones like Mass Effect 3 and some smaller ones like Alan Wake.
I still have to finish Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands. Thankfully I got PS+ again so I can pick up where I left off. Hope to get those done before Star Wars Battlefront gets released.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I've never played any of the Fallout games. I'll have to look for the others somewhere.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ok, this is my rough estimation of game backlog at this point. Thanks a lot, career. I own all these games either for PC (Steam, mostly, or Origin), or PS4, and have not beaten any of them (except where I note an exception). Most were purchased for serious discounts during sales.

Priority:
GTA 5 (PC version) (this constitutes a 2nd play through but it's too awesome on PC at 4k not to play)
GTA Online (I'd like to finish the heists and level up my character a bit)
Far Cry 4 - I'm about halfway done the main quest
Dragon Age Inquisition - I've put in about 10 hours into a 200 hour game
Crysis 3 - I've played only the opening level
Witcher 3 - I've gotten about 2 hours into this one, another 200 hour game.
Mass Effect 3 - I got a couple hours into this one but it was on the tail of replaying Mass Effect 2, and I couldn't take more of the same, but I need to go back and finish this.
Mercenary Kings - I was playing this multiplayer with friends. It's an Indie gem. We got about a quarter of the way through it.
Max Payne 3 - Have played maybe halfway through it. Very solid, and gets bonus points because Max Payne 2 was an all-timer.
Suikoden 2 - A legendary Japanese RPG originally for PS1, re-released as a classic. Remember from when I was a kid. Need to play this.

Non-Priority but I'd like to play soon:
State of Decay - another Indie game, I've tinkered with it, really stellar for it's budget, but it's another open world game I don't have time for.
Dishonored - Heard great things. Played the first half hour or so. Seems cool.
Watch Dogs - Purchased for $60 bucks on PS4, played maybe 10 hours, haven't gone back because it couldn't hold my attention.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Again, heard great things. Haven't touched it.
Alan Wake - played through maybe half of it. Part of the problem is I can only play it during the day. :unsure
LA Noire - Another game that got solid reviews but just isn't good enough to creep higher on my list.
RAGE - See LA Noire. It's graphical problems contribute to it's status here.
Tomb Raider - Played about half. Got sidetracked. I'll go back... someday. Probably have to start over cause I forget all the controls.
Witcher 2 - Jesus, just no time. Not as good as Witcher 3 so it gets buried.
Dead Island - Another good co-op multiplayer game that we don't have time to finish as a group.
Apotheon - Another amazing indie game, that I'll get to when I can.

Games I'd like to tinker with once I finish all of the above:
Torchlight 2
Saints Row the Third
Tropico 4
Dragon Age Origins - Have never touched this game despite it being a "great." Probably will never get to it.
Titanfall - No single player means I'll put in a couple more hours of Multiplayer and call it a day.
Assassin's Creed 1, Assassins Creed 2, it's expansions, and Assassin's Creed 3 - Got them all super cheap on a sale. Maybe someday.
Every PS+ game I've downloaded since getting the PS4 in December 2013 that I haven't put much or any time into.

Games I'd like to beat again because they are awesome or because I want achievements:

Red Dead Redemption - I 100%'d this game, but I don't have the Platinum trophy. I'd probably need to put in 40 hours of multiplayer to get it.
Last of Us Remastered - Need to platinum this game too.
Fallout 3 - Only played this once. Unlike Skyrim which I beat with multiple characters.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more. And I left off plenty of games that I know full well I'll never play or have limited interest in despite owning.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I've never played any of the Fallout games. I'll have to look for the others somewhere.
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are the only ones you really need to play. Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 are unrecognizable top down games made by a completely different company. Bethesda bought the license prior to 2008 and made a completely different type of game. It has nothing in common besides the setting and the title.

And frankly New Vegas was great -- some people like it better than Fallout 3 even -- but it was buggy as shit. In fact one of the endings was completely broken for me. And we're talking about a 100 hour game, not a 10 hour main quest. I would have had to start completely over again. I'm actually not sure I ever saw the correct, non-bugged out ending to Fallout New Vegas. I think I used a console command on the PC to advance the stage of the quest and just skip over it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
[MENTION=49]fortsbest[/MENTION]

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are currently on sale on Steam for like $5 bucks each.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
how is Witcher 3 compared to the first two, Smitty?
I never played the first one and I only played about 2 hours of the second (see my backlog, above) and it never completely hooked me.

But in comparison to games I have played, I think it's excellent. The graphics are stellar. Besides the main character, who is a walking stereotype, the voice acting is top notch.

The atmosphere is also great. The really nailed things like having shafts of light come through the leaves in a forest, hearing the wind rustle as a storm approaches, etc. It all makes it feel less "high fantasy" and more gritty/realistic than a game like Dragon Age Inquisition. It feels more actual medieval than fantasy, and the bestiary really nails it by using creatures that were mythological from that era, like griffins.

I'm about 15 hours in, and I'm not sure where I place it in the big picture. Most definitely its in the running for game of the year, probably the favorite at this point in my book.

I'll have to see if it has the staying power to get up there into the elite pantheon with games like Skyrim though. I definitely put everything else but GTA on the backburner for this though. Before this came out, I was slogging through Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4, and there are days when I'd come home from work and just rather watch TV or do something else, but this game, I'm right back to the computer every second I have to spare.

Top Bottom