TV Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's the worst part. The have so many good characters to work with and they could have been an all-timer if they just stuck with what they were and didn't try to shoot for the moon.

Opie, Piney, Clay, Tigg all were great despite the turns in their storyline.
Yep.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you think what they did was evolve, I don't know what to tell you either.:lol
I'm not sure you know what evolve means. What their characters did is the epitome of evolving into something different from where they started the show.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm not sure you know what evolve means. What their characters did is the epitome of evolving into something different from where they started the show.
You forgot the :lol at the end of the sentence.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
SOA wasn't the greatest show ever, but it had some really great moments.

Think it would have been better on HBO.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
SOA wasn't the greatest show ever, but it had some really great moments.

Think it would have been better on HBO.
It ended well, which has been my point all along. It's not even close to GOAT status but it damn sure is good and worth hanging with to the end.

Carl

RIP Brother
About to step into Justified. Hope it is as good as advertised.

D

Deuce

I've heard about Black Mirrors a few times, but the latest Nerdist podcast talked about it again so I finally gave it a shot. Very cool, Twilight Zonish type of show. Only 6 episodes on Netflix but I'm hopeful they'll do more.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I've heard about Black Mirrors a few times, but the latest Nerdist podcast talked about it again so I finally gave it a shot. Very cool, Twilight Zonish type of show. Only 6 episodes on Netflix but I'm hopeful they'll do more.
Yeah it was pretty good I liked the American Idol type one and the one about the cheating wife.

The Christmas one was good as well the creepy factor was high.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If you don't think Jax and his wife's character evolved I don't know what to tell you.
I agree. She definitely evolved.

Whether you liked the evolution is another issue.

I thought the entire premise for the last season was dumb, but I'm not sure how else they could have wrapped it up to get where they were going, which was to copy Shakespeare.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Entire History of You was a good episode and supposedly Robert Downey Jr. is optioning it for a movie adaptation.

D

Deuce

The Entire History of You was a good episode and supposedly Robert Downey Jr. is optioning it for a movie adaptation.
That was my 2nd favorite. I still love the pilot the most. Rory Kinnear is great, is has good humor throughout for a drama and the premise was just flat out fantastic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The new season of Hannibal is starting slowly, but the artistic quality of this show is still top notch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just realized Venus is the guy from Justified.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree. She definitely evolved.

Whether you liked the evolution is another issue.

I thought the entire premise for the last season was dumb, but I'm not sure how else they could have wrapped it up to get where they were going, which was to copy Shakespeare.
Yeah you are right she did evolve it just was not in a way that the character was originally written for the 1st 3 years.

Top Bottom