Week 7 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Giants | 10/25/2015

dallen

Senior Tech
I've been drinking a little and can't remember clearly, was Beasley inside the ten when he tried to catch that punt?

shane

DCC 4Life

Does Aikman hate Dez or something?

Seems like he takes every opportunity to take a swipe at him.

It's been like that for a few years. Remember a couple of years ago when Troy & everyone else got their panties in a bunch because they assumed Dez was berating Romo? Then it turned out that Dez was only saying positive things.

Listening to his comments it just seems like there's a personal dislike of Dez.
He's a 'thug' so he can't be a team leader to someone like light-in-the-loafers Troy

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Well, I got to ogle Carrie Underwood for a couple of minutes so there's that.

No sense in getting to bent out of shape, we've been fielding teams with good or decent starters with meh depth and poor coaching for what, ten years now or close to it? I'm tired of it but all you can do is hope that changes will be made and this time they will work. I don't even know what changes because so much needs to be fixed. *Sigh* That's the life of a Cowboys fan in the 21st century.

data

Forbes #1
I hope Demarco dies in a fire. As for the rest of the Eagles, I hope they drown in vat of acid.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Cowboys losses don't even sting anymore.

I don't care for the losses, but they also don't bother me at all. 10 min after they've lost, and I've already gotten over it.
I came into 2014 like that. Didn't really care much whether we won or lost because my expectations were so low.

I'm now officially back to that point.

I have no worries going into next week's Seattle game. My GAS meter is around 5%.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pdom, here's another stay for you:

The Cowboys never punted once in the 2nd half and the Giants never stopped the Cowboys from crossing midfield.

Protect the football, and the Cowboys win.

data

Forbes #1

The Cowboys never punted once in the 2nd half and the Giants never stopped the Cowboys from crossing midfield.

Oh yea, and zero 3-and-outs. amazing

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I came into 2014 like that. Didn't really care much whether we won or lost because my expectations were so low.

I'm now officially back to that point.

I have no worries going into next week's Seattle game. My GAS meter is around 5%.
That's what made 2014 so good for me.

I enjoyed each surprising win after the other, but never got down after the losses.

Even the playoff game didn't bother me a whole lot. It was disappointing for sure, but I was already over it by dinner time.

The Romo/Garrett era Cowboys taught me this valuable lesson of not getting too involved, and I'm grateful for it. If anything, it's made me a bigger college football fan than I was before, and that's a great thing.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I hope Demarco dies in a fire. As for the rest of the Eagles, I hope they drown in vat of acid.
I didn't go as far as hoping he would DIAF but I did have a moment where I hoped he suffered a painful season or career ending injury. After the last twenty years, F karma.

The rest goes without saying.

dallen

Senior Tech
LaDainian Tomlinson thinks the Cowboys should go back to Brandon Weeden. What a fucking idiot.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Like I said, the worst part is that we're stuck with this crap for at least 2 more years. Garrett gets a free pass from Jerry this year, and even if they suck next year too, he still won't fire him.

It'll take 2 more poor seasons for him to even consider making a coaching change.

I have no earthly idea how the hell everything went so right last year, but it's been clear over the last month that last year was an aberration, and not the team finally getting over the hump as we all hoped.
We stayed healthy, and the OL helped DM become the league rushing leader. For once we finally had a balanced offense and that was the key. The porous defense held up enough but ultimately figured it would be our downfall in the postseason.

What's most disappointing this year is the defense hasn't improved much with the key additions this year. Even w/o Tony we should've been able to at least tread water while he's out but that obviously hasn't been the case. Can't force turnovers and no depth has killed us.

As for Garrett, he'll get a pass this year. I agree he'll get at least 2 more years. But by then we'll probably be having to replace Tony since he's already 35 and Garrett will probably get another pass at that point.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
LaDainian Tomlinson thinks the Cowboys should go back to Brandon Weeden. What a fucking idiot.
Yep. Despite the 3 INTs I'll take that performance over Weeden's any day.

If Weeden were out there over 50% of our drives would have been 3 and outs and the wide receivers wouldn't have been involved in the offense.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Cassell moves the ball but throws INT's. Weeden protects the ball because he only dinks and dunks, but constantly goes 3 and out. Pick your poison.

data

Forbes #1
INT Carolina.

They just drop into your hands sometimes...so easy.

data

Forbes #1
2 plays, 2 INTs.

If our secondary just closed their eyes and twirled around like drunk softball, they should've lucked into an INT by now.

dallen

Senior Tech

Top Bottom